• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle Body Synchronizer

As we speak (or post) Grok, the Harmonizer wizard or wonk is developing a 4 cylinder Harmonizer. Numerous inquiries have indicated there is a demand, or maybe quite a demand for the 4 cylinder capable Harmonizer.
Now myself, having never been a 4 cylinder person, have no knowledge as to which bikes they intend to use the device on.
dc

A Toyota:laugh

I noticed the knob broken on my zero adjustment on my Twinmax the other day
( I might have pushed the drawer shut on it). I have it working...but ordered a Harmonizer to add to the big red toybox anyways.

My problem is that I like tools as much as bikes. Let us know how you like the Harmonizer since you will have used them both.

Used the new Harmonizer the other day...I'm impressed. I meant to take pictures of the comparison...I'll try next time.

It reacts to changes turning the BBS more visually"quicker" on the LED display than the TwinMax analog display. I swapped them out a few times and repeated the adjustments to compare. Ran the bike with large fan in the front and up to 3500 RPM to test throttle balance under load. The Harmonizer was easier to read from any angle and seemed to show the tiniest of adjustments with no needle bounce.

Both end results were the same, though I feel the Harmonizer is closer due to the "zero" out margin of error on the TwinMax.
The smiley face on the LED display when you are close to balance made me smile as well.

Now I guess I'll replace the broken pot knob on the TwinMax. I'll use it as a back up now as well and it will be the travel tool.

What I really appreciate about the Harmonizer is that you can put it on the dash of your bike, and go for a ride and adjust things "on the fly".

Ken

What I really appreciate about the Harmonizer is that you can put it on the dash of your bike, and go for a ride and adjust things "on the fly".

Ken

I tried that with the TwinM...the Harmonizer lends itself to that task better for sure.

Harmonizer

where can I buy the Harmonizer carb balancer?.I have looked on ADV but there is no paypal button on grocs add.thanks

My understanding is that he sold his production run and decided to quit. Or sell to a company that would produce them. So it looks like, until further production, you can't get one.
Look further on advrider or pm to him. He is GROK, I think.
dc

Back