• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Route asst: Marin to Lava Hot Springs Idaho

S

sagiphile

Route info needed...

I'm meeting my brother in Idaho next month. It will be my first long trip in the new GS.

The Navigator II and Mapsource say I should slab it through Reno and across western Idaho till I arrive at destination.

Are there any "must see" roads or attractions? I have 5 days for the round trip so I can't do justice to the American West, but I'd like to get off the highway for something worthwhile.

/taking recommendations

KJB

Well, that's a little early for most of the mountain roads, but you might check out Jarbidge. Or, outside of Elko, Secret Pass.

The cool thing about Idaho is, the governor is a motorcyclist, and I don't know if he has any input, but the maps are great. There's a special scenic routes guide you should pick up.

Back