• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Remus Exhaust 2002 K1200RS

R184

Tutum amicum
Thinking about replacing my stock exhaust with an aftermarket Remus system. Anyone have any experience, good or bad, doing this? Old exhaust has some cracks and want to replace rather than weld up the old one. Will most likely buy from Pirates Lair, they seem to have the best prices right now.

I currently have a Two Brothers exhaust on my K1200RS and I had a Remus on another K1200RS that I sold a year ago. I personally liked the looks of the Remus over the Two Brothers, as far as horse power the Two Brothers had more on paper but I couldn't feel any difference in the saddle. Both sound alot better over stock and at highway speeds noise is not noticable. I looked great with either pipe on the bike !!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0358.jpg
    DSCF0358.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 72
What type of info are you looking for? How easy/hard it is to do the swap? If so, a buddy of mine just did this on his 04 GT (same motor, same job). It was relatively easy. If you are wondering what the result is, he loves the sound and says the increased HP is not really noticable to him in his limited winter riding so far. He did it mainly for the sound and looks and he is very happy.
The only bike I ever rode with an aftermarket pipe was my wife's R1100R. We had a D&D Race pipe - after an hour or so, it really was too much, but it really sounded great at track day! But neither the Remus or the TB (with the inserts in) will be that loud

The pipes arrived today. Don't really see any problems with taking the old pipes off & putting the new ones on. Just need to drop the bottom plastic and I need to do an oil change anyway, so not a problem there.

I have an 03' KGT 1200. I put a Remus Viper exhaust on it and the sound was great. But not for a GT that I went to lengths to keep quite behind the shield. I sold it to a lucky guy.

Putting it on was easy. Get new copper O ring header gaskets for the bike. Pull the plastic exhaust (forgot the other little stuff) and bolt it on.

Looked good, Sounded great over 4-5k. But did not notice a power difference.

Anyway, it is gone now.

Back