• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camera advice

Kodaks going cheap

Another thing to consider is that Kodak recently announced they are getting out of the digital camera business so stores like Office Max, etc. are starting to close out remaining Kodaks at discounted prices. Kodak actually makes/made some pretty good point and shoot cameras. They are worth looking at.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions. I now have a good list of potential cameras and have been visiting the site many of you have recommended. The information on the sites is overwhelming especially for a rookie. My goal now is to see and handle the cameras you all have recommended, but they are not available in the small town in which we live. In the next couple of weeks I will be in a larger town with both a Costco and Bestbuy and hope to get a feel for the ergonomics of the recommended cameras, then I will probably order online.

Thanks again for all of your help. This forum is a tremendous tool for gathering useful information and sharing and learning from others experience.

Camera models change constantly. Just stick with a major brand. Personally, I like Canon and Sony, but there are plenty of other good choices.

You might consider getting a used camera. Everyone seems to want the newest models and trade in perfectly good cameras that would be more than adequate for your purposes. It won't cost as much and would probably have more than enough features. You don't need cutting edge technology. Also, if it gets lost or broken you won't have as much money invested in it.

You might consider getting a used camera. Everyone seems to want the newest models and trade in perfectly good cameras that would be more than adequate for your purposes. It won't cost as much and would probably have more than enough features. You don't need cutting edge technology. Also, if it gets lost or broken you won't have as much money invested in it.

We always buy refurbished or used from a reputable source since they've just been completely gone through to detect any more problems. And save big money!

Voni
sMiling

We always buy refurbished or used from a reputable source since they've just been completely gone through to detect any more problems. And save big money!

Voni
sMiling

+1, save a lot of $$ this way.

The information on the sites is overwhelming especially for a rookie.

This is the time when it's good to go look at example images.
We all "see" things a little bit different and we also have different monitors.
I'd say go take a look at what they can do...
Not how they look. That comes later.

Thought I'd piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one.

Anyone know of a waterproof point and shoot WITH remote shutter. I have a Olympus waterproof P&S and I like it, except no remote shutter. Did lots of searches. Found lots of P&S's with remote shutters. Found lots of waterproof P&S's. Didn't find any waterproof P&S's with remote shutter. My google-fu may be weak. Any suggestions?

Thought I'd piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one.

Anyone know of a waterproof point and shoot WITH remote shutter. I have a Olympus waterproof P&S and I like it, except no remote shutter. Did lots of searches. Found lots of P&S's with remote shutters. Found lots of waterproof P&S's. Didn't find any waterproof P&S's with remote shutter. My google-fu may be weak. Any suggestions?

That's like trying to find a left-handed DSLR.

This might not quite fit the bill, but GoPro is showing a remote to be available in April for the GoPro Hero2, which, besides video, will do 11mp still images. The camera in the housing is waterproof to some substantial depth - I think over 100'.

Back