• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Perfect practice makes perfect........

This motorcycle riding/training is free, just show up. It is in Colquitt, Ga. I will post the next event or parking lot training.

Yes you could. Good head turn, throttle, clutch, and counter lean...............bingo.....

Counter lean is where I lose it. I was able to do the large box on my RT in ERC. Need more practice.

Would love to come to Florida! One of these days after the kids leave home & I get closer to retirement! Figure 10 years...

Counter lean is where I lose it. I was able to do the large box on my RT in ERC. Need more practice.

Would love to come to Florida! One of these days after the kids leave home & I get closer to retirement! Figure 10 years...

try it by just keeping your shoulders high (just like in the first photo- bike dipped in, shoulders up high). its an effective method that does not require a lot of body movement. (only guessing as to why a counter-lean is so difficult for you)

Yup, it works! Shoulders high for those type of manuevers, especially on an RS with the off-center fuel load. RH tight turns feel a lot different than LH tight turns, because on the RS a lot of the fuel load is actually on to the RH side of the fuel tank all the way down to the bottom edge of the fairing. But with the rigth body position it can be done.

But,...I have my days when the 22' u-turn is fairly easy on my RS, but the 20' is a stretch for me. Looks like I'm humping the fuel tank for that one.

Back