• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

slippery tourmasters

ISAMEMON

Grammarian no, Rider yes
Ive been riding for over 40 years, and this has become more of an issue for me. So just before last riding season ended, I noticed that my tourmasters ( calibers, not leather)had become slippery on my seat. So I thought well maybe the vinyl is getting old and its becomeing slippery. It is a recoverd non stock fabric, a more waffle grain then the original about 4 years old.
that idea was maybe trashed, as im not nearly as slippy in blue jeans. my wife, in jeans is good too, her leather sticks prettty well, or so she says, she has me to slide into, adn a backrest to slide back on.
I learned a long time ago that armorall on most seats, makes them slicker then slick, but even thought I have used it on some seats, have not on this one.

this is a slight safety issue, as if I am having to brake real hard, I slide forward and my kness hit the fairing, slide side to side nto an issue, and I dont accelerate so hard that I fly off the bike

I dont like the saddles or tractor style seats because I like to change my riding position, forward and back, but when I choose too, not when the seat chooses too

any thoghts ?
Is there a prefered preservative for the vinyl that does nto make seats slippy. maybe a stick-em

I've noticed that after applying a water-repellent treatment to my textile suits (currently the Olympic AST jacket, Ranger pants combo, but previously Aerostich Roadcrafter, too), the pants are slippery on the seat. I've used Nikwax Wash-In and Revive-X and they both make the nylon water-repellent and slippery. I suppose with a spray-on treatment you could try to avoid the seat of the pants, but I find it wears off after a while anyway.

Plus, having to hang on to the handlebars makes it feel like you are really accelerating. Wow, what performance!

pete
R1200RT

Ive been riding for over 40 years, and this has become more of an issue for me. So just before last riding season ended, I noticed that my tourmasters ( calibers, not leather)had become slippery on my seat. So I thought well maybe the vinyl is getting old and its becomeing slippery. It is a recoverd non stock fabric, a more waffle grain then the original about 4 years old.
that idea was maybe trashed, as im not nearly as slippy in blue jeans. my wife, in jeans is good too, her leather sticks prettty well, or so she says, she has me to slide into, adn a backrest to slide back on.
I learned a long time ago that armorall on most seats, makes them slicker then slick, but even thought I have used it on some seats, have not on this one.

this is a slight safety issue, as if I am having to brake real hard, I slide forward and my kness hit the fairing, slide side to side nto an issue, and I dont accelerate so hard that I fly off the bike

I dont like the saddles or tractor style seats because I like to change my riding position, forward and back, but when I choose too, not when the seat chooses too

any thoghts ?
Is there a prefered preservative for the vinyl that does nto make seats slippy. maybe a stick-em

Velcro?....:)

Back