• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

30 mph cone weave

OK John - if you're going to wet member's appetite for some unique maneuvering, show the Intersection and the 360 (17' diameter)!

Those were two of my favorites, which I accomplished with H-D RoadKings - not the shorter wheel-base RT's that are becoming more prevalent. :thumb

I posted the iron cross under the no brake exercise. Our iron cross aka intersection is 18 foot circle............

First, I freely acknowledge I am not normal.

Second, I have a five lane road close to my house which has minimal traffic on it.

Third, lane markers work very well as a substitute for those cones.

I do the 30 MPH weave regularly. Reminds me of the old "lane one", "lane three" training in the cars.

OK John - if you're going to wet member's appetite for some unique maneuvering, show the Intersection and the 360 (17' diameter)!

Those were two of my favorites, which I accomplished with H-D RoadKings - not the shorter wheel-base RT's that are becoming more prevalent. :thumb

BWAHAHAHAHA try that road king in a cone problem built for the Kawasaki..... :stick:laugh

That assumes each leg of the "intersection cone problem" is the same size. The ones I trained in had a different length for each leg. Kinda skews the "iron cross" scrub marks on the pavement.

Interesting. When I trained (2000), each 'leg' of the intersection was identical in length. Varying that distance is a challenging modification to the original template, and forces the student-officer to analyze parameters and front tire placement quicker.

I like it. :bow

Me bad.

Will go sit in the corner now for a 'time-out.' :bolt

I am just playing, I could careless. I am sure there is one person that had read these post and asked themselves, I need to go out and practice more, so it is win win for motorcycle safety..............:clap

I am just playing, I could careless. I am sure there is one person that had read these post and asked themselves, I need to go out and practice more, so it is win win for motorcycle safety..............:clap

Just poking fun at myself. Good for keeping the ego in check every now and then.

Dang - hard to read any inflection into internet posting. Not a perfect system of comunication, for sure. Perhaps not even an evolutionary advance either, though talking like that can get you pummeled by this "electronic generation."

All in good fun - ride safe and often - that's how you get better. :dance

Interesting set of threads

I do look forward to getting the bike out again.

I am so much looking to go to a nearby commuter train parking lot on the forst available Sunday, when i know it is deserted and do some practices.

Hope everyone does a bit of new season practices before our serious rides. I know i will.

I do look forward to getting the bike out again.

I am so much looking to go to a nearby commuter train parking lot on the forst available Sunday, when i know it is deserted and do some practices.

Hope everyone does a bit of new season practices before our serious rides. I know i will.

If this post was on facebook I would hit the "like" button!!!

Back