• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Not So Quiet Area?

CGJohn

a-r-r-r-r
:help I hope someone can let me know in advance where the "Not So Quiet Area" will be on the campground in Lima. I don't want to end up in the doghouse and really don't want to piss anyone off. That is not my intention. In the past I have been been told I have a loud voice and it carry's. Sorry bout that. I have since learned how to make the necessary adjustments. I do like to have a good time :dance and look fwd. to tilting a few with y'all in Beemerville :beer See you at "The Bean" :rocker and Thank You in Advance :clap Coast Guard John

I posted a question regarding a rally map last month. Sue noted she expected the map to be available by mid-April (I'm not holding her to that! ;) We should have plenty of time to plan our campsite locations, quiet or otherwise. :drink

Rally Map

Chris F said:
Sue noted she expected the map to be available by mid-April (I'm not holding her to that! ;)

Yikes --- Is it the middle of April already? :D

The truth is: I did get the map done. BUT -- we are making last minute changes... For instance, when we learned 10 days ago that BMW's Mobile Tradition will be at Beemerville, we decided to move the Vintage Bike display up closer to the BMW trucks.

This freed-up a building, which will now probably be a seminar building. Ah - the shuffling of plans.... I LOVE THIS! :thumb

Brad Benn had it a little wrong though.... the LOUD camping will be clearly marked this year. And the QUIET camping will be clearly marked. Everywhere else will be "standard-rules-of-common-courtesy"

So - if you like to stay up with the big dogs and howl all night long, plan on camping in the northeast corner of the fairgrounds. If you like to hit the hay early and get up with the birds and watch the sunrise with a hot cuppa Jo, then camp in the southwest corner of the fairgrounds. And if you can play nice with others, no matter what the surroundings, then Beemerville is your playground.

Oh-My-Gosh... we are getting so excited! Bring some friends.... this is going to be awesome!
:bliss

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Brad Benn had it a little wrong though.... the LOUD camping will be clearly marked this year.

Oh, so that is how you are going to let everyone know where I am camping, by calling it the LOUD area. Coooooolll:brow

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
And if you can play nice with others, no matter what the surroundings, then Beemerville is your playground.

Sue, Well said :thumb
Thanks for pointing out the right direction :banghead Now I can put that compass that I won at Bike Week to work. Hope it don't break.....
I like the gardens in Oh10 because they grow beer. :beer

Loud Camp Area

As the current Forum "Bad Boy" aka "callmethebreeze" Banned User Extraordinaire, I'll be camping in the loud area. I'll be bringing my fishing gear. Do I need a license for Fugu?.....lol....
Hooyah

Quiet camping is for wussies. If it's too loud get a damn hotel room, that way you can complain to someone who at least has to act like they give a ****.

YB in IN said:
Quiet camping is for wussies. If it's too loud get a damn hotel room, that way you can complain to someone who at least has to act like they give a ****.

I always camp in the quiet area only cuz I don't want some drunk singing at 2AM to a Aerosmith CD (Trenton '02). Normal noises don't bother me and I don't turn in early. Only problem is I like to sleep til 8 or 9AM. All the old farts seem to fire up their airheads at 5:30 then ride around (or thru) the tents. If you're gonna go early please don't pitch your tent in middle or at least leave your bike at the curb. Now I sound like an old fart.

MarkF said:
Only problem is I like to sleep til 8 or 9AM. All the old farts seem to fire up their airheads at 5:30 then ride around (or thru) the tents. If you're gonna go early please don't pitch your tent in middle or at least leave your bike at the curb. Now I sound like an old fart.

Preach on brother.

Then again, you can all go with my plan... hotel for daytime sleeping, camping for nighttime debauchery and no sleeping. No riding if involved with debauchery. Riding hungover is a whole 'nother experience.

I travel for work so I gots lots of points for hotel stays

BradfordBenn said:
... hotel for daytime sleeping, camping for nighttime debauchery and no sleeping.
I travel for work so I gots lots of points for hotel stays

I find it sad that anyone would advocate such a point.

...."camping for nighttime debauchery and no sleeping"......

Hopefully you don't bring this attitude with you if elected to the board. I know that you helped decide how I'm voting!

Why bother bringing a tent or camping gear with you at all? That way you could travel quite a bit lighter!
I bet those that advocate the postion that camping means making all kinds of noise and making a fool out of themselves are the absolute first one(s) to complain if disturbed while sleeping....camping or otherwise.
Then again, bringing pets to a motorcycle rally is beyond me too!

U r U and

Unregistered said:
I find it sad that anyone would advocate such a point.

...."camping for nighttime debauchery and no sleeping"......

Hopefully you don't bring this attitude with you if elected to the board. I know that you helped decide how I'm voting!

Why bother bringing a tent or camping gear with you at all? That way you could travel quite a bit lighter!
I bet those that advocate the postion that camping means making all kinds of noise and making a fool out of themselves are the absolute first one(s) to complain if disturbed while sleeping....camping or otherwise.
There u have it. another unregestered stick in da mud's opinion. FYI I have camped w/o setting up a tent for 2 yrs. Everyone's definition of camping is different. Could that be fun? Have some respect u stick in da mud. I bring my tent with me but why set it up if it's "not necessary". And don't tell me what kind of day to have you unregestered stick in da mud.

Nothing wrong with pets!

Unregistered said:

Sorry you feel that way. However, some of us would not be able to go to the rally if we didn't bring our pets. And, as long as you don't neglect your pets and they are okay with the noise, etc., there should be no problem. We take our dogs wherever we go, and they are VERY well behaved. Otherwise, we would not be able to go anywhere but our own backyard.

We're in the same boat, D'Lilah

D'Lilah said:
However, some of us would not be able to go to the rally if we didn't bring our pets. And, as long as you don't neglect your pets and they are okay with the noise, etc., there should be no problem.

We travel with our 2 dogs, also. It's either that or don't travel. Why not bring them, if they are well behaved? Mine will only kill upon command, most of the time, or ... usually ... or ... Ok maybe they're not so well behaved, but they're coming.

p.s. They are shelties, which translates into good lap dogs.

We've all got our own way to rally now, don't we?

I see some of my friends at the national only. It's nice to stay up late catching up with folks and not have to worry about keeping other folks up.

As far as camping at national rallies, I've been hoteling lately. It's the showers and toilets that drive me nuts after a while. Sometimes, I need a spot to go sit around with my wife where it's nice a quiet and a hotel room gives us that.

YMMV, so rally in the way you like and I'll rally in the way I like. Regardless, we all dig BMWs and BMW people and we'll get our fill of both.

dancogan said:
We travel with our 2 dogs, also. It's either that or don't travel. Why not bring them, if they are well behaved? Mine will only kill upon command, most of the time, or ... usually ... or ... Ok maybe they're not so well behaved, but they're coming.

p.s. They are shelties, which translates into good lap dogs.

Well, glad to hear we're not the only ones. :dog Although, I can't say mine are lap dogs. They are labs, but they are very well behaved. We travel with them all the time, and they love it!!! They can tell by our actions when we are packing up for a trip, and they just start jumping and crying because they can't wait to go. And, they think the cramper is home and are happy hanging out in it. We've been traveling with them (even tent camping) since they were puppies, so they are pretty well adjusted and are no bother to any neighboring campers.

Would love to meet your Shelties - they are adorable dogs! We'll keep an eye out for you guys in Lima!

HakunaMatata said:
Hi Sue, Do you know where the Sherpa tents will be located?

HakunaMatada ...

At one time, I knew exactly where they were going to be put. But then we needed to change that plan. sigh

At this time we have pretty much decided to hold off to see what the Sherpa Service thinks. They have the best idea of what types of locations work and don't work. They will not be in the loud area, for sure. And probably not in the "quiet" area either.

Wow - was this a non-answer, or what?!!! I should run for politcal office --- or even, the board of directors. HEY! Wait! I am!
WHAT WAS I THINKING????

:D

KBasa said:
YMMV, so rally in the way you like and I'll rally in the way I like. Regardless, we all dig BMWs and BMW people and we'll get our fill of both.

Well said!!! :clap

Back