• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Parking Light Question.. 2003 K1200GT

davidsl7

Hello.. Just installed HID low beam on my 2003 GT.. When I tested to see if I had done everything right noticed the park light was on. I have not noticed it before and was wondering if this light stays on when you start or turn on the ignition?.. It works as it should when you turn the key to park.. But should it be on when the bike is running.. Thanks for any info you have..

Hi David..

I'm guessing the bike is a K1200GT?

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46057 - it's helpful to you (getting people to open the thread) and others (when they search for the same info) if the bike year/model is in the thread TITLE. I've added it to yours. Please do this when posting to the tech forums!

Thanks for your cooperation..

Yes it is on when the bike is running. It is the same circuit as the tail lights. People use the power lead to it as a switched source for adding accessory items.

Head Lamp Park Light

Thanks Bob.. Yes it is a k1200gt.. Never noticed the light on before..lol.. but since I installed the HID 4500k low beam headlight I noticed it was on.. Again Thanks..

Back