• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rally T-shirt designs

drswift

I'm hoping this year's rally committee has gotten some feedback on t-shirt designs, specifically the lack of nice colorful designs on the back of the shirts.

We had a great logo design last year and it was only replicated on the front pocket area (the back was a bunch of type!). What a waste!

Let's get back to those great looking shirts like the ones from Johnson City or (my favorite) the one from Wisconsin a few years back! Something we are proud to show off among all that HD stuff out there!

Whatever design you choose, take into consideration that a very large printed area on the back of the shirt does not breathe. This is very uncomfortable in hot climes. Specifically. the Gillette shirt was a real bear. I threw it away after about 2 hours riding on a hot day. It held the heat like a rubber shirt. :-(

By now it's probably a done deal (wouldn't you know - of all the things Chuck & Julie Manley and I chatted about at the MOA booth in Chicago last weekend - the Tee's was not one of them), but here's my two cents worth:

How about the "Howlin' At The Moon" logo on the front, and the back filled with the MOA's 40th Anniversary 'poster' like we've been seeing in the Owners News?! :thumb

I do like it.... in front & small on pocket or above, or larger on back.

Well, I really like the logo... and I really like the theme... Howling at the Moon. Big graphics on cotton t-shirts do make them hot & schwetty, so maybe we can hope for a smaller graphic but with bodacious color choices.

Regardless, I can't wait to Howl at the Moon...!

I like it as well. If I get a hall pass and can head out, I'll buy one.

The rally tee artwork from West Bend is also one of my favorites. It looks great 4.5 years later. The long sleeves were on black mock turtles. Big thumbs up!

I had high hopes for the Redmond R-R-R-R shirt, but it didn't work for me on the blue tee. Luckily, I volunteered at Redmond and received a swell bandana with the rally logo!

Hot? 109 in Pennsylvania was even too hot to wear a t-shirt!

I love the graphic for this year. Great job, whomever! :thumb That's why I like the big graphic on the back as well as small stuff over the heart on front. I love wearing the shirts to show them off. I'd rather save the wear-and-tear so they last, and not ride in them.

(Those that complain about the shirts being hot might consider riding in compression stuff instead of cotton anyway. The only way to go when it's warm.)

Whatever design you choose, take into consideration that a very large printed area on the back of the shirt does not breathe. This is very uncomfortable in hot climes. Specifically. the Gillette shirt was a real bear. I threw it away after about 2 hours riding on a hot day. It held the heat like a rubber shirt. :-(

This is true. Tee-shirts are hot weather apparel. They also need to be 100 percent cotton for the same reason.

Harry

Let's get back to those great looking shirts like the ones from Johnson City or (my favorite) the one from Wisconsin a few years back!

:heart

Thanks for remembering the West Bend Gemichlicheit shirt from 2007. I liked that one best too.
:rofl

Did you know that Chuck and Julie Manley, the chairs for this year, helped me design that shirt, and then Jonathan Tessler took our ideas and created the phenomenal finished artwork?

The design for this year -- 2012 Howlin' at the Moon -- will be another great shirt, and should conjure up all of the great memories we will make while we are in Sedalia this summer. I can't wait!

I'm shocked:rolleyes

My reason for not liking it is because it looks like a winters night ride, Snow on the tires and no leaves on the trees. Maybe it will make Sedalia seem cooler, I don't know. It just is not appealing to me. I have had numerous T-shirts over the years from rallys and this one just does nothing for me. Not to offend the designer, but this is one artists view and everyone will see it from a different light as all art is viewed. It could use a lttle more color. IMO it will only look good on very light colored T-shirts.

Jack

Here's a money making idea for the MOA.

Re-issue these "classic shirts" from past rallies and sell them in the company store online.:clap

Here's a money making idea for the MOA.

Re-issue these "classic shirts" from past rallies and sell them in the company store online.:clap

The store has a lot of those shirts...call them to see what's still available. Was at the open house and replaced a few of mine.

Back