• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Weekend getaway-Gettysburg

I think you can sign up for the rides when you get there. Notice that the Hawk Mountain ride is 204 miles and will be just 3 hours (9-noon) so only S1000RR riders are allowed......:laugh We will actually be returning late afternoon from that ride, everyone is welcome.

For those interested in a scenic ride through Columbia, Pa with a lunch stop at Prudhomme's Cajun Kitchen, the MARs group will gather in front of the hotel around 9:30-10ish.

You guys must be keeping a low profile--I rode west of Gettysburg on 30/26/484/522/16/984/233 yesterday and only saw one guy who hadn't been able to register for the event.

Thank you!

I'd like to say a great big THANK YOU to Mark, Tom, and Sam (as well as the many behind the scenes people) who made this event possible. I had a fantastic time with fellow club members and met a bunch of new friends. I know I speak for all of us when I say that the Battlefield Tour was way beyond expectation. There is no better tour guide than Sam! He is so incredible knowledgeable you would think he was there!

Thanks to all! Count me in for next year!

I'd like to say a great big THANK YOU to Mark, Tom, and Sam (as well as the many behind the scenes people) who made this event possible. I had a fantastic time with fellow club members and met a bunch of new friends. I know I speak for all of us when I say that the Battlefield Tour was way beyond expectation. There is no better tour guide than Sam! He is so incredible knowledgeable you would think he was there!

Thanks to all! Count me in for next year!
;) Me too because I was going to register at the last minute for this one but it was sold out. :laugh However I was able to help with Registration which made it possible to meet some of our great members.

It was an excellent BMW MOA Regional that was beyond expectations offering plenty of opportunities for all at least what I saw on Friday. Besides thanking Marc, Tom and Sam I would like to thank our friends at RPW Motorcycle Accessories, Revzilla and Touratech for their continued support of our club..........please correct me if I forgot someone. :ear

I hope everyone made it home safely. Tom must deal with the severe weather enroute to the Midwest and Marc may have to deal with snow again. But at least Pennsylvania gave the MOA decent weather this time.

There was even a rider from Colorado that is headed to Alabama for the next event. ;) Now that is living the MOA life !

Rockbottom, there maybe a repeat of this event and the club could use some more tour guides that know the area, maybe they could take a group to the 9 / 11 site or the War Colllege. :thumb

Would also like to throw in my thanks to all who made it the success it was. I like the small format. Plan on attending next year as well. Events such as these are one of the greatest benefits of the club.

I would also like to thank Marc, Tom, Sam, and all the other volunteers who worked to make this event the success that it was.

This was my first MOA event and I was very impressed with the agenda, the people, and the atmosphere - it definitely exceeded expectations! For a person who has never been a "joiner" I was surprised that I enjoyed it so much. Just the right mix of low key tone, easy camaraderie, and opportunities for organized and individual fun.

If this happens again next year, I definitely plan to be there. I think early registration will be the key next year.

Thanks to all who put this great event together, and a special thanks to Sam for all the time he took with us. I will certainly plan to come back again next year.

Another THANK YOU to those who made this event possible. I had a great time at the reception and dinner meeting fellow MOA members and I plan to go back to the area to explore the sites further. Count me in for next year.

Gettysburg weekend getaway

I wanted to say thanks to all the BMW MOA riders on my tours. You all were great, and thanks for all the kind words. See you on the road somewhere this summer and next April at Gettysburg.

I can only echo some of the earlier comments. Everyone of the organizers did a great job in making the getaway a good time.

Sam took us for an extended battlefield tour & had to rush back to try to grab some lunch before his afternoon tour with only 15 minutes to spare.

The dedication and friendliness of all the organizers and members was wonderful and made me proud to be a member.

I'm looking forward to next year, hope we do it again!

Back