• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wife Says I Spend Too Much Time on These "Forum Things"

J

jay1622

Am I the only one out there who's significant other feels they spend too much time on forums? In the spirit of full-disclosure, I submit to this one and two others (CROSSTOUROWNERSCLUB and ADVRIDER). At the very most, I'm thinking ten minutes a day average.

She asks me why I'm so "addicted". I told her it's not about addiction, rather, contribution to a repository of sorts that lends a helping hand to people who may be looking for a specific reference. I also stressed how much money and time others have saved us in the past by contributing information that we found helpful. To be honest, it also centers me; being able to talk about something I genuinely enjoy... Cars, bikes and stuff.

Anyone sharing this boat with me?

Usually, it's not about how much time I'm spending on the forums, but rather how much time I'm not spending with our son, her, helping out around the house, etc. As long as I'm getting the other things done, my wife doesn't really comment on how much time I spend on the forums. Now, if I'm on 'puter for a while, and not interacting with our son when he wants my attention--let's just say my wife lets me know how she feels at that moment.

Mmmmm

Two motorcycle forums

Two kayaking forums

Two bicycle forums

Was your wife talking about me:uhoh

I been married 33 years and have learned one thing for sure.... If she's not complaining about one thing , it will be something else ! So.... when my wife says I spend to much time on email, forums etc. I know you could insert anything , fishing, motorcycling, loafing, cell phone, etc, etc in the blank. :dunno

My spouse is quite happy and has no concern about how much time I spend on the forums.

As long as the kitchen floor is mopped, the carpets are vacuumed, the laundry is clean, the beds are made, and the dishwasher is loaded, I'm good to go...:whistle

:violin

My wife see me on the forums all the time but the only one she knows the name of is the Adventure riders.

Where did you see that ? -- Advriders
How did you know that ? -- Advriders

I just wait till she logs onto facebook.............

Now that's funny!

Helen shakes her head, but spends more time on the phone than I do here. She doesn't get the Forum thing...does get the riding thing( since she rides as well) so I'll live:hug

my wife sees me

Ater 30 years of marriage, and a career where I have traveled up to 200 days a year, mine is happy anytime I am in the house with her, no matter what i am doing, even working 7 days a week, long hours, at least I am in the house every night.:dance

I've been online for 27 years. My wife likes it that way.

27 Years Online?! You must be one of those old DARPA scientists. Was Al Gore any good by the way? I mean, he IS the one who invented the internet, right?

:usa

6 Motorcycle Forums (Moderator on 1 of those forums)

2 Porsche Forums

4 Camera Forums

2 Bicycle Forums

1 College Basketball Forum

Back