• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Miller Motorsports on Memorial Day Weekend

Visian

look out!!!
Howdy all, I've not posted much here in this section but have ridden more than a little out in the west.

I'm asking here if anyone would consider volunteering to support a very interesting project I'm working on. It will occur during the World Superbike/AMA weekend in Tooele/Salt Lake City, Utah.

Adventurous spirits need apply, but those of the pavement variety will enjoy this opportunity too. Knowledge of paved and unpaved roads, cameras, computers, and trackwork ( :evil ) would be appreciated. People coming in a pickup truck would be very helpful.

If you wish to know more, please PM me.

This will be a ton of fun. :nod

Thanks.

Ian

yes, 49er guys, I know it's the dame dates as your rally. I couldn't get WSBK to move their event. :)

79 views and no love?

I know I am a dreaded easterner... but I love the west.

This is going to be an excellent event and your help is crucial to its success. :D

Ian

well I will be out there but I think in the MOA booth supporting that effort. But...I would rather be ridin' with ya! Gonna be a great event!!

well I will be out there but I think in the MOA booth supporting that effort. But...I would rather be ridin' with ya! Gonna be a great event!!

i'll lend you my bike for a few hot laps around the paved/unpaved supermoto track. no doubling or clearing the tabletops, now.... and promise to stay out of the Ultima Thule. :burnout

Will there be bike rentals? Or commence with bribery! Maybe some nice dealer would like to get on the Queen's good side???

Do we have any members in Utah that are good with a GPS?

Also needed are:

• Ride leaders, need 2-3 for Saturday
  • Track flaggers (Sunday & Monday mornings)
  • Track Judges - need 3-4, Sunday and Monday morning
  • Bike picker-uppers - need 2, Sunday and Monday mornings.
  • General gofers, need 2-3, helping out throughout the weekend.

Your reward is the unending appreciation of our guests, and an honorary membership in the GS Giants. :thumb

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Ian

Check out the Adventure Track you can ride if you register for the Adventure Summit and go to the WSBK races.....

P1040610-XL.jpg

The snow should be gone by Memorial Day... :ha

Still looking for some volunteer help to support this event... :dunno

Ian

Anyone ridden in the Green River, UT area?

Part of what I am planning involves getting off the pavement as you ride toward the event, aka an Adventure Detour.

The idea is to take a back country road that parallels the main paved routes, so that you can still be making some progress.

The map below shows an opportunity for riders coming to the event from the Denver and Grand Junction area... and I am curious if anyone has ever ridden this before?

Here's a direct link to the map.

<iframe src="http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1093325/embed" height="500px" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Might want to shoot over to the next exit (129) on I-70 and then head north toward Buckhorn Wash road. Great petroglyphs after crossing the San Rafael river. Once on top near Cedar Mountain, take a short jaunt to "The Wedge" (7m?) just be sure to stop at the "T", it is a LOOOONNG way down :) A few boulders and no fences impeding the view or going over the edge!

http://www.sanrafaelswell.org/whereis/whereis.php

Stop for a full tank at Green River, no services in the Swell, but very scenic country. One can spend days on the trails with a dirt road capable machine. Most of the trails/roads are in great shape, but of course if it is right after a rain (this could be in the nearby mountains) be very careful, the water will be running and dirt becomes slime. But the good news, it rarely rains in the Swell, but it does happen.

Another great side trip, go to the top/end of Cedar Mountain (20m?). The views are outstanding and worth the 1 to 2 hour side trip.

650+ looks but not a-one volunteer.

Would someone be interested in helping out if they got paid? :dunno

Ian

Greetings, Everyone!

Mistress Scorekeeper and Queen of Giants. Why do I here crickets here? Come on! Get posting! I've got points to hand out!

In order to be fair and not make me guess, I need you to email or PM me with your user name as well as your real name. Don't make me guess!

While we are on the subject of points, there is always the possibility of a last minute challenge which will be posted here, Facebook, and the MOA site. So keep an eye out for them. As we've learned last year, a few extra BS points can make the difference between a Giant winner and a First Place Loser.

Bribes are negotiable!

See you all in Utah!

I had a good time out at MSP this past weekend at the MOA Adventure Summit.... Even though I was not riding a dual purpose bike (or my KRS) in the dirt.
:)

It was great to meet the ppl who did show up and did get a touch dirty.....

Larry,
A Big THANK YOU to you and Walden for helping out! It was a pleasure meeting you and I can't wait to get out there and ride!

Back