• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

CB /Radar Hookup

J

JOHNDIAKONIS

I have my radar detector mounted on a front shelf that I built, with earbuds connected to it. I'm trying to figure out a way to connect a handheld CB so that it also runs through my earbuds as well and possibly a CD. I want the radar detector to override everything else. I like to listen to the CB chatter when I drive long distances for the traffic and radar updates.Music would be nice but last on the list if I have to give something up. The CB I'm considering is a Cobra.I also believe they have some kind of PTT switch and it comes with a DC adapter.I was mostly interested in listening in on the CB but if there was a simple set up to talk that woud also be nice. I really would appreciate your input because I'm trying to get all this organized for the National.Thanks, John

Check me if I'm wrong, but according to the BMW Anon book having or installing any earphone type device in your helmet is illegal in both RI and MA?!?!? Any of the dealers and shops doing installs realize this? :confused:

John,

Check with the folks at J&M Corp. They do helmet audio systems, interfaces for many CBs and Valentine Radar audio, and can provide your choices of mics, PTT buttons and set-ups for most of the popular systems.

I have been using their equipt for six years. I have asked their help in mods and adding to my system, and have sent hardware for repair only to learn it was "warranty".

They are the top of my list. rf

E-hookup device

There was a new Rally vendor that had a product called "Mix-it". One of the guys I ride with bought one & used it on the way home - worked well. Has a volume and on/off control as opposed to the Autocom device of just unplugging things.
Not trying to sell anything - just another option. I understand he is working on a "priority over-ride" version for release soon.
The link is http://www.mixitproducts.com

Back