• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finally Did It

If by how does it sit your talking riding position I'd say this bike puts a considerable amount of weight on one's hands and wrist. I start finding it a little uncomfortable after a half hour or so but I think I'll toughen up over time. With the R and its straight up position I never had any hand issues. That being said I'm overall quite comfy on the bike.

WELCOME TO THE "DARKSIDE".:thumb

Check out the Flying Brick K-Bike section of this forum to get advice from other K-Bike Krazies. I'm sure the K12 crowd will have plenty of good tips for which barbacks might work best or anything else specifically about your bike.

Gorgeous bike!

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks Lee and Randy.

I was worried about the heft as well but was quite amazed at how nimble it feels when underway. That being said - I drove a 2011 1300S and do remember it being even more nimble but the riding position was just to aggressive for me. I think though that once I adjust to the RS I'll probably start considering an S again at some point - we'll see.
Did another 60 miles today and basically felt very little discomfort in my palms - I made it a point to sit up a little straighter and keep my hands light - seemed to do the trick.

Bike felt awesome - makes me way happy!

Thanks Lee and Randy.

I was worried about the heft as well but was quite amazed at how nimble it feels when underway. That being said - I drove a 2011 1300S and do remember it being even more nimble but the riding position was just to aggressive for me. I think though that once I adjust to the RS I'll probably start considering an S again at some point - we'll see.
Did another 60 miles today and basically felt very little discomfort in my palms - I made it a point to sit up a little straighter and keep my hands light - seemed to do the trick.

Bike felt awesome - makes me way happy!

Congrats on a great bike in the fastest color!
You figured it out! Use your core to support your upper body and don't lean on your wrists. You will find that countersteering and a bit of concentrated upper body weight shift will make it go through the twisties very nicely. I'm not talking about hanging off, just drop your elbow and shoulder when you turn.
Enjoy it!
Oh, and consider a radar detector, these K's have very long legs, 90 feels like 60!

Back