Thread: Adventure Rider Website

Adventure Rider Website

why isn't this site down as well ???????

yep good for them .. the question is why isn"t this site done as well in support

do you like posting

Pictures of your motorcycle ? The reason adv is down is in protest of big brother ... Who wants all pics off the internet {in a nutshell } so again the question why isnt this site blacked out as well ?

Out There Somewhere ricochetrider's Avatar
    i support their participation in the blackout.
    SOPA got it wrong, tho the premise is dead on.

I guess this is an international site... SOPA is probably just a USA thing...

I would say that advrider.com is a much more international site than this one.
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT, '70 R75/5, '73 R75/5, '11 Ural Patrol
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

Quote Originally Posted by darklight79 View Post
    Pictures of your motorcycle ? The reason adv is down is in protest of big brother ... Who wants all pics off the internet {in a nutshell } so again the question why isnt this site blacked out as well ?
    We are tired of Japan and Triumph making motorcycles that look like BMWs. Get the picture ?

Protect private property !
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    I signed it.

thanks,

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

GIZMO
    Quote Originally Posted by darklight79 View Post
    yep good for them .. the question is why isn"t this site done as well in support
    Probably because it is a political issue, which this forum tends to stay away from would be my guess.

Moving this over to Campfire where the other thread is still open

My understanding is the MOA is a club with a website, the others are virtual clubs with non paying members...I could be wrong.

That said , let's keep the political piece of this out of the discussion please.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

I have to say that I really enjoy some of the pics I see on ADV for free. Some have copyrights, some not.
    Fact-there are a lot of good people there(ADV) & here. e.g., I have ,met several people there that live in my area and ride another brand . I've also met many out of country there which is hard to do on MOA. Horizons Unlimited is also good in that respect, but would never get to the shop if I hang there too!
    It is sort of "liberating" there(ADV), to be able to make a political comment (w/o making any personal attacks of course) that adds to the discussion. I see it being good to have it both ways, as here we avoid the pitfalls/conflict of politics. seems the "safe" political comment here is that most of us agree politics is a huge pit? of ugliness? I can do w/o the F word to make a point(common on ADV) but otherwise it's nice to not feel tethered as here at times, what with the Taliban lurking(not meaning the moderator) all the time
    ADV is so much larger than MOA Forum that there's just no true comparison to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    I have to say that I really enjoy some of the pics I see on ADV for free. Some have copyrights, some not.
    Fact-there are a lot of good people there(ADV) & here. e.g., I have ,met several people there that live in my area and ride another brand . I've also met many out of country there which is hard to do on MOA. Horizons Unlimited is also good in that respect, but would never get to the shop if I hang there too!
    It is sort of "liberating" there(ADV), to be able to make a political comment (w/o making any personal attacks of course) that adds to the discussion. I see it being good to have it both ways, as here we avoid the pitfalls/conflict of politics. seems the "safe" political comment here is that most of us agree politics is a huge pit? of ugliness? I can do w/o the F word to make a point(common on ADV) but otherwise it's nice to not feel tethered as here at times, what with the Taliban lurking(not meaning the moderator) all the time
    ADV is so much larger than MOA Forum that there's just no true comparison to be made.
    Great post - hopefully it will be read and understood
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

[QUOTE=Statdawg;741417]We are tired of Japan and Triumph making motorcycles that look like BMWs. Get the picture

Looking back in time, history shows neither Triumph (founded by 2 Germans) or any Japanese mfg ever copied BMW.
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R

[QUOTE=Whiplash;743460]
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    We are tired of Japan and Triumph making motorcycles that look like BMWs. Get the picture

Looking back in time, history shows neither Triumph (founded by 2 Germans) or any Japanese mfg ever copied BMW.
    Look at Jeff Dean's site and the Marusho and Chang Jiang.
    http://bmwdean.com/asian.htm