• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Really old BMW rig (a Ural right?)

He did warn me that Florida sugar sand and bottomless mud are not the Ural's friends (bring a winch or come along and a friend).

Congrats! :clap

I also learned quickly to stay out of the sand. a few weeks after I had mine I decided to enjoy some late night beach time. 10 feet off the pavement was about all I made it. Spent the next hour in full cardio and colorful language mode. Eventually some local bradda's came by and pulled the silly haole back to pavement. ;-)

Good thread. I just bought a 2005 Ural Tourist last night and rode it home 100 miles, my first ride on a sidecar rig.

I've got a lot to learn but I'm really liking it so far.:brad

Delivered!!

Picked up the bike at Gene's. Shakedown and change rear brake light switch (on all the time). Then 305 km home. First part at 35 to 45mph for 34 miles. Then a break. Off again for another 40 miles varying speeds and doing 50 mph for a lot of it. Stop for gas and break. Then the last part. Barely beat the thunderstorms but home safe. No engine problems, no heat.

My old reflexes are starting to come back. Not so jerky. Got the sidecar brake adjusted so with front and rears applied nice straight stop.

He has become Vasily. He wants to see Montania :)

Forgot to upload the picture :banghead

This is at the home driveway. Only tried to kill myself with my solo bike reflexes on the first slow left curve.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 37
Stopped at YeHaw Junction for a cool down and a coke. No love bugs yet:)

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 37
tried to kill myself with my solo bike reflexes on the first slow left curve.
Yeah, my countersteering reflex took me into a wheat field the first day I had mine. No harm done, good way to ram through my thick skull not to try that again. :laugh

Back