• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

The Scorekeeping Queen is feeling like a challenge this morning.

Oklahoma is now represented on the Gypsy Tour. Anyone care to guess how many states, Canadian providences, and Countries are represented? 2 BS points to the one who nails it! (Gypsy Tour registrations only.)

See above! Take your best guess and I'll award points tomorrrow.

I am just getting very excited about upcoming events. It will be my first national rally and my first time for real gs riding . I am so looking forward to meeting new friends , people like ajayhawkfan and polarbear and others seem to really spread their enthusiasm around. :clap
I'm excited! This is my first big rally as well.

Me too, very interested in seeing this play out. It should be a great time and the GS Giant seems a great way to start out the week.

You said it , the key word is play. :dance

It"s what the Giants do best.

See ya there.

No Winner on the BS Challenge Question

As of 7am: 28 States, 4 Provinces, 3 Countries. NO WINNER!

Stay tuned for another challenge.

GS BS Challenge #2

It's time to learn more about The Show Me State!

We've put together a list of 100+ BS places to visit to get a taste of the local culture. One is this general store. It's located "East of Ava or South of Norwood as the crow flies". An extra hint: it's along the banks fo the Fox River.

Tell me the name of the general store and the owner's name for 2 GS BS points. First correct answer wins. Get Googling!

store.jpg

Ya'll first timers:)

I'm into about my 30th one of these big rallies this year, so I missed a few, but its STILL very exciting for me too after all those past ones:). These things just seem to get better with age. The GSGiant is still in its infancy, a few years now and WOW how its growing. You shouldn't be disappointed. A really great time had and some of the best rider friends you'll ever meet:). We'll be around for years and years to come. There WILL be also some of the best instructors/riders there to help you along this learning curve if needed. Seminars for GS skills,YEP/OARK and Sedalia by pros and riders with years in:)... I'm also lookng forward to meeting all again or first time....Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

KNOW it:)

Thats "Henson's General Store", owned by Betty/Duane Henson and there folks Ed and Anna. Since 1940. Champion,MO. is hard to find, not on a lot of maps. Nice:)...Need more? 20 or so miles to Norwood, closer to Ava,MO. Randy

It's time to learn more about The Show Me State!

We've put together a list of 100+ BS places to visit to get a taste of the local culture. One is this general store. It's located "East of Ava or South of Norwood as the crow flies". An extra hint: it's along the banks fo the Fox River.

Tell me the name of the general store and the owner's name for 2 GS BS points. First correct answer wins. Get Googling!

store.jpg

How many points do I get for NOT playing?

Not far from Henson's General Store is Bryant Creek and the North Fork of the White River. Both are fantastic canoe streams and both have very good smallmouth fishing.

In that are there are 100's of creek crossings with nice gravel bars for a quick dip.

Also, not far from Champion is the town (loosely defined as a building) of Vera Cruz.

P1000264.JPG

This Church was built was built in 1900 in the community of Vera Cruz. Vera Cruz was established around the time of the Mexican War (1846-1849) and was originally called Red Bud. The Red Bud post office was founded in 1846 and the town had two good saw mills and a good general store. In 1857 Douglas County was formed and Red Bud changed it name to Vera Cruz in 1859 and was named the county seat.

During The War to Suppress Yankee Arrogance, on Nov. 7, 1862 at 10 AM approximately 1300 well armed Confederate soldiers bombarded the Yankee positions that were in Vera Cruz at two block house and the courthouse. By 5:00 PM the Union forces surrendered because they ran out of ammunition. The Confederates took the Union valuables and let the soldiers go. No Confederates were killed. Nine union soldiers were killed and 37 wounded. One civilian in town was also killed. This is also known as the Battle of Clark's Mill.

Last edited:
AWE, he's local:)

I live so far away and "got it right":). Nice write up, however, good reading. I like canoes:) and river crossings on the GSA. Hope the water stays up, no drying out please. Randy:dance

Thats "Henson's General Store", owned by Betty/Duane Henson and there folks Ed and Anna. Since 1940. Champion,MO. is hard to find, not on a lot of maps. Nice:)...Need more? 20 or so miles to Norwood, closer to Ava,MO. Randy

2 points awarded!

Missouri Trivia

Natchez, MO

It shall be unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants.

Keep that in mind!

The Queen will be out of her jurisdiction if she has to bail your sorry *** outta the pokey!

Hotels, Oark:)

Thats a good one! A hotel would be bigger than Oark:). Its a woody place, noth'in but forest and more forest. May be some cool BandDs around there and most motels would be around Conway,Ark. on the Interstate 40, not very far away. Maybe 30 min ride. Byrd's Resort is the GS eventing place, but any accomodations they may have are gone, unknown to me. Visian probably has more input, contact him. Randy:thumb

Back