• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Heated Glove liners

sloride

I'm leaning toward liners rather than gloves but still undecided. I have no prior experience with either.

I'm looking for input from riders who have used liners and gloves. Thanks

I got a pair of Gerbrings heated gloves about a month ago and am very pleased with them. I find they keep my hands warm without any controller on the jacket or gloves. I believe they are the nubock model, currently on my first long trip with them and love them.

I'm leaning toward liners rather than gloves but still undecided. I have no prior experience with either.

Got the glove liners recently and am not happy with them. Bulkier than anticipated, so I need a new pair of gloves. Current gloves are too small to use with liners. I should have purchased the heated gloves to begin with.

All I know is that Gerbings will literally burn blisters on your hands if you keep them on high. I want that much overkill in gloves meant to keep my hands warm just like I want coffee to burn my lap if I spill it on my lap, no luke warm anything.

Wife likes FirstGear liners

I got my wife a pair of FirstGear heated glove liners for Christmas. They are made from a thin spandex-like material, with a ribbon of heating carbon fiber around the sides of the hands and all fingers. Nice, thin, comfortable, and did not require buying different (outer) gloves.

slo... Have never had liners work for me. I vote for heated gloves.

Go for heated gloves. Had to buy bigger gloves for my liners. Very bulky. The boot liners are also bulky. I will be getting the heated socks instead. These are all Gerbing.

Go for heated gloves. Had to buy bigger gloves for my liners. Very bulky. The boot liners are also bulky. I will be getting the heated socks instead. These are all Gerbing.

If your favorite gloves fit "like a glove"....they won't fit over a liner. :)

Gloves are the best choice (IMHO)...I personally like the G-3s.

Checked out some Gerber G3 and T5 gloves today and was a little disappointed that the gauntlet was so small that it wouldn't fit over my jacket sleeve. What's with that . As long as they've been making motorcycle glove you would think that they would have figured it out. Oh well. Ill keep looking

Zaasu... Fingertips are my weakness as well. Heated grips help little. Good fitting (snug) heated gloves are what you want.

sloride... I have the Gerbings T5 gloves and the gauntlets fit nicely over my jacket sleeves. Plenty of coverage. Only thing I can figure out is too small of a glove size, or two short of a jacket sleeve.

I have the g3, they fit great over top of my Firstgear Teton jacket. I have the XLT size. Bummer it didn't work in your situation. I think the gloves are great.

Keep looking, you'll find something eventually!

Zaasu... Fingertips are my weakness as well. Heated grips help little. Good fitting (snug) heated gloves are what you want.

sloride... I have the Gerbings T5 gloves and the gauntlets fit nicely over my jacket sleeves. Plenty of coverage. Only thing I can figure out is too small of a glove size, or two short of a jacket sleeve.

I have the g3, they fit great over top of my Firstgear Teton jacket. I have the XLT size. Bummer it didn't work in your situation. I think the gloves are great.

Keep looking, you'll find something eventually!

I wear a leather jacket with a zippered sleeve. The gauntlet on my no name winter gloves fit fine.
I tried several sizes of Gerber gloves and the medium is the only size that fit my hand but I had to force the gauntlet over my sleeve and then it would only go part way on.

At least the temp went up on my return trip (100 miles) from the Derby Cycle and my finger tips didn't freeze. It was 30?? F went I left to go there in the morning and my finger tips were quite cold

Back