• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from chilly Alberta.

RT_KID

I've been an associate member since 2008 but this is my first post. Husband bogthebasher, is an active member. I have an R1200RT but haven't ridden much in the past two years. Hoping this site will help to restore my love and confidence in riding again.

Karen.

Wecome!

Not in chilly Ontario right now. Actually in Hawaii, near Kona.

Won't be doing much riding either when we get home, but Spring is coming. I hope you get riding a bit more, and you will like this forum, I suspect.

:wave

Welcome to the Forum, west coast neighbour! I imagine that you'll be out riding at least a month before those of us in central Canada getting familiar with your R1200. I'm envious of your riding location and weather.

hi from the east coast

You have a fine bike, one that wants to be on the road and between your legs. That's what my bike likes. Greetings from the east coast, Connecticut.
I just bought my first bmw 2 weeks ago, my first bmw and it just wants to be on the road. We have had great weather and I am taking it out every day, whoops, not today, way to cold, and learning about it.
I have bee bikeless for over 5 years and it takes some time and miles to get your confidence back. I have a lot of back roads through horse country here and it has helped to take the bike out or short 1-2 hour rides to feel comfortable again. I don't want to get hurt, crash or cause other mayhem.
So when it warms up, ride that baby, take your time, get comfortable with your incrediable machine and wa la, you will want to ride all the time.
Enjoy your RT, I have a 2004 GT and I couldn't be happier, unless I won the lotto.:clap
Have a nice winter.
Rip

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum and best wishes getting on the road again !

Hi Karen

Welcome to you from Texas Hill Country. I'll be glad when it warms up here too; it has been in the 50's for the past two days. Much to cold for me. I'm waiting for the 70's which should be here next week. :D

Welcome Karen. Confidence on the road starts with skills training and a good riding partner. These Calgary winter days with no snow on roads but ice guarding my garage is making me crazy with cabin fever.

I've been an associate member since 2008 but this is my first post. Husband bogthebasher, is an active member. I have an R1200RT but haven't ridden much in the past two years. Hoping this site will help to restore my love and confidence in riding again.

Karen.

For me, nothing beats a nice, long, ride. But, in between - and especially during the cold winter - this forum is a great way to keep the juices flowing, and hang out with some great people!

Welcome aboard Karen, from Karen in Wisconsin. I hope you enjoy your visits to the forum and don't forget to check out the Women's subforum. It has lots of good things to share and learn.

Back