• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Install of fuzeblock on k1300gt

Not on a new K bike, but I got the trigger lead for my R1200ST by tapping into the stock power socket. It comes on with the key and goes off about 20 seconds after the key is off.

I just installed a similar device on my '07 1200GT and used the hot lead going to one of the front marker lights. Found the wire under the left fairing section above the ABS machinery. Just soldered in a T-splice and taped it up.

Stock trigger

There should be a lead from the factory that is used for powering the factory GPS when installed. It should be tied back beneath the cross bar just forward of the battery. You can buy a connector plug from BMW to use it. It is powered with the ignition so it can provide the trigger power you are seeking.

I powered the fuzeblock on both my K1200GT and F800GS using the parklight. I did not want to have the power staying on after the bike was shut off as it would using the factory plug or GPS source. Those sources both stay active for about a minute after the bike is shut down. The Fuzeblock draws little enough current that the Canbus does not see it in the light circuit and thus it operates normally.

The fuze block is a nice device but I used a $5 fuel pump relay instead. The trigger side is attached to the built in GPS wire, and the high current side is connected directly to the battery, fused of course. This runs my Gerbings and my phone charger.

Steve
05 K12S
86 R65

The fuze block is a nice device but I used a $5 fuel pump relay instead. The trigger side is attached to the built in GPS wire, and the high current side is connected directly to the battery, fused of course. This runs my Gerbings and my phone charger.

Steve
05 K12S
86 R65

Great solution for running a single accessory but if you are adding lights horns etc you will need a panel. :lurk

Back