• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to BMW and happy as a clam

rodon

Avid Rider
Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself. I picked up a slightly used K1300S several days before Christmas. It's a 2010 in the tricolor scheme, with ASC, ESA, shift assist, TPC, and heated grips, plus the BMW tinted screen, Remus Hexacone and PCV.
I added the center stand (not yet fitted in the attached picture) and sport panniers. It had 5100 miles on it; I've already tacked on another 1100 which was pretty easy with the reasonably nice weather we've been enjoying here on the East coast so far this Winter. Heck, it was over 100 miles just riding it back home from the dealer (Cross Country in Metuchen, NJ).
I sold a 2004 VFR to get this one - I will miss it, but not for long I think.
I imagine I'll be using the K13S much like I did the VFR (and the 2000 SuperHawk before it), for commuting on dry days year-round, plus the occasional fun ride on weekends, typically racking up 5000+ miles a year. I know that's not much compared to some people around here, but maybe with this machine I'll be out more often..
I've been riding for 36 years, and was pretty much strictly a Honda guy (one Bultaco in there somewhere) until this bike. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the new VFR. I think I'm actually pretty glad that Honda made that big mistake and forced me to look elsewhere.
Attached is a picture of Kundegunda from a Christmas Day ride, stopped by the side of the road (345) a few miles south of Birdsboro, PA.

Attachments

• DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 166
Welcome :wave

I got my F800 for pretty much the same reason(s).

Looked at K1200 (GT)

Enjoy the ride and the forum :thumb

Welcome to the site. You're going to love your new S. :thumb

Lee_and_Deb_002.JPG

Welcome neighbor! I'm down the road in Newark. Be sure to check out the Mid Atlantic Riders. I'll pm you the info. Great group of local riders!

Thanks everybody...

...for the warm welcome.

And Tracy, I already have an application for MARS ready to drop in the mail tomorrow.

Rod

I always had Kawasakis, got a K1200RS, then a K1200LT, now a K1200S. Went from 1000 miles a year on the Ninja, to over 9000 on my "S" last year. Your K13 is even better than my 12, as they worked out some of the fuel mapping issues from what I understand. Enjoy the ride!

Rod,

Congratulations on the new ride.

Very sharp color scheme on the S.

Best of luck and many happy miles.

John

Hi Rod.

It looks like we have similair bikes - I have a 2007 K1200S in Silver and Yellow. i love it and rode it a lot more than my previous VFR. Wish I had the shift assist, but it's not an option

Enjoy your bike and the great riding in your part of the world.

Back