• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R11xxRT - 3 wheeler

abmwrider

My wife would like to ride, but she is a little short... the f650cs & gs are too tall. Anyway, I know I have seen some R11xxRT's turned into slick 3 wheelers. Anyone know how or where I can find information regarding these. :banghead

The R1100RT Trikes were buiult by Lehman trikes Inc. in Westlock, Alberta. They built approx. 14 there are 1 in Canada, 5 in the US, 2 in Europe and I think 6 in Japan. They made a production run,made a cost versous market share analisis and decided it was not feasable. There fore if you get one, its a rare bird indeed. Mine has about 70,000 miles on it and just swallowed a valve. (Muchho Bucks)
The Hannigan Sidecar Folks had a beautiful K1200LT Trike at Datona this year. That might be an option also.
when concidering a trike there are some things to plan on. As my Lady says "one more wheel, twice as many bumps.
Decreased MPG, More stops. A Little more work.
And One Heck of a lot of FUN on gravel roads !!! Hope this helps some. I know where one is availible and will forward that info later.
Bones, aka: Jim Post

Glacier Greene R1100RT/ Trike

trike

Couldn't help but to notice your l;ocation. I lived in Denbigh for 7 years, in-laws are still there and we make it down occassionally, maybe our paths will cross.

Update

Heres an update The lone Lehan Trike in Alberta Now has a new home in Indiana! That makes Canada 0, US 6.
Later, Bones aka Jim Post

R1200C Trike

I've seen one on e-bay a few times - may be the same one. This is a thing of beauty! Has the look of an Auburn Speedster from the back. If you can find it (just looked, it wasn't there) it would be something to own!

There is also an old post war R something with a side car and a machine gun!

R1150RT with EZS Sidecar

I took delivery of my 2003 R1150RT with EZS sidecar on Memorial Day this year. I now have almost 6000 miles. It is a wonderful vehicle for touring. No I am not too old to ride, just wanted another outlet for the passion. My spouse who did not like riding on two wheels loves the sidecar. It is not cheap but the EZS makes conversion kits for many bikes and they end up being a completely new motorcycle, not a take apart when you want sidecar set up. It handles very well, and corners almost a good as two wheels. I will try to attache a photo if it works. If it does not come through you can see mine as well as others on the EZS website:

www.ezs-usa.com

Mine is the only RT in the Gallery but without a label. I would be happy to talk to anyone about sidecars.

Tub Maxson
Cincinnati:bliss

Well the EZS connection does not appear to be working, I will try once more to post an attachment.

Finally have a resized photo to post of my three wheeled RT.

Tub Maxson

Attachments

• r1150rt sm.jpg
    r1150rt sm.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 68
Back