• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Eating Locally on the Road?

If you want to talk about BBQ . . . Lexington BBQ in Lexington, N.C. just off Hwy 29 South. It's vinegar based BBQ and slaw. :eat

Best bisquits and gravy I ever ate ( that is a statement) were in Eukiah , Oregon. Next to the railroad tracks in that very small town. Sorry the name is now in the fog.

Best bisquits and gravy I ever ate ( that is a statement) were in Eukiah , Oregon. Next to the railroad tracks in that very small town. Sorry the name is now in the fog.

Perhaps you mean Ukiah, California? About 14 miles from Oregon on I-5?

Any 'El Taco' in Springfield MO area...
Caspers Chili in Springfield MO.

Old Hiway, in total agreement with you! Another good "family style" is The Cedars at w.bypass & Chestnut.

Caspers as you say is good for about once each year! lol

Ken

If you are ever in the North Carolina mountains around Jefferson or Sparta make a detour to Shatley Springs. They serve lunch and dinner "family style". You sit down at a table with a group of folks and the food starts coming out - Country Ham, Fried Chicken, corn on the cob, green beans, mashed potatoes . . . . . . ! Just make sure to leave room for dessert.

I hesitate to recommend the Shack in the Back, in Fairdale, KY, mainly because I want to keep it to myself and those who ride with me. They make you sit ourside under a canopy, with (at last count) 5 home-made sauces for your 'cue. Various items on the menu, including burgoo, and pretty good sweet tea. All served by high school cheerleaders. Terrible place. I guess I'll just have to keep going back there until they get it right.

Along I-25 in Southern Colorado

Colorado Springs: Carlos Miguels

Pueblo: Tres Margaritas

Walsenburg: George's (breakfast and lunch only)

Trinidad: Black Jack's Steakhouse

Montr?®al,Qc...
Best ribs...Bar-B-Barn (downtown or west end locations)
Best chinese...Restaurant Hong Kong...Gen Tao and bbq pork to die for (St-Laurent boul, south)
Best smoked meat sandwich (worldwide)...Schwartz's deli (St-Laurent boul, north)

Tennessee travel chow

Lynchburg: The Caboose BBQ (on the square)
Manchester: Jiffy Burger on Hwy 41
Tullahoma: Jiffy Dip on West Lincoln St.; Emil's on East Lincoln St.
Murfreesboro (& Lebanon & Nashville): Demos' Steak & Spaghetti House
Murfreesboro (& Smyrna): Toot's

Last edited:
Great Food Spots

This is great !!!

I have suggested that they put this in the Magazine, maybe do one State/Province a month it would be great, I could visit some of these places while on the road and know what they are like before I get there

I do fallow Roadfood.com but it is not really related to motorcycle touring type food spots.

I would like to see and articles on motorcycle food the best camping spots and maybe through in the best roads for each State/ Province.

There are lots of fabulous places that we miss, I did the Notches Trace last your did not even know about it till I stayed with other touring people and found a great restaurant in Lawrenceburg TN. I think it was the Taste of the Town.

Keep it up people Maybe we can get to know some of the great spots in North America to travel! :clap:clap

Great food spots

:bar
OKay you people have it right though look for the Fire, Police or Ambulance for lots of food at a great price, in most cases the food is good although I have known some spot that well you had to know what to ask for or you would get:sick less that good food.

Bon Voyage Restaurant on Route 132 in Quebec

I had breakfast here on the way to the Gaspe.

Very nice food, very well presented, incredibly attractive waitresses, and much local charm. Perhaps the best breakfast along the road I've ever had.

I don't remember the town, but I'll always remember the restaurant and the pleasant experience I had.

Quebec is a great place to find a good meal.

Harry

Attachments

• Restaurant 010.jpg
    Restaurant 010.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 150
Baker City, OR

I happened across this bit of heaven returning from the Redmond rally:

http://barleybrowns.com/home

Not a great website but the beer was fantastic. Watched some of the food coming out from the kitchen- "WOW!" Had the Reuben- one of the best I've ever had.

Stayed here:

http://bridgestreetinn.net/

Reasonable, great breakfast in the lobby, within stumbling distance of Barley Browns.

Also make sure to check out http://geisergrand.com/. Nice!!

Back