• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bowden Cable - 93 K75S

ghyber

In the picture below, there is a small attachment that is connects the accelerator Bowden cable to the throttle accelerator chain. I can't find the schematic for this pictured attachment. I thought it was an integral part of the Bowden cable. Anyone know the part number?

Also, when installing the new cable, my repair manual made reference to remove a heat shield located adjacent to the fuel pressure regulator. No sign of any heat shield on my machine.

DSCN9484.jpg

LastI looked there was a small aluminum piece on the end of the chain, and the boss on the end of the cable simply went into a recess in that aluminum piece on the chain. As far as I remember there are two parts - the cable, and the geared chain cam and chain.

I think # 3, 4, 5, of the schematic are the parts to make up the unit you are asking about?

3,4, and 5 on view 32 are the adjuster assembly down at the bottom - throttle body pully - end of the cable.

At the top, the nubbin already on the end of the cable goes into the little rectangular aluminum piece on the end of the chain shown on part #8 below.

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 64
Ah yes, now I've got it. The parts are not in the assembly order on my current model and year bike and that confused me. I goess the adjustment used to be down from the throttle end and now it is right at the throttle. :thumb

03 32731457017 BUSH 0.01 1 $9.38
04 32731457101 ADJUSTER 1 $9.98
05 32731236644 HEX NUT 1 $2.56

Ah yes, now I've got it. The parts are not in the assembly order on my current model and year bike and that confused me. I goess the adjustment used to be down from the throttle end and now it is right at the throttle. :thumb

03 32731457017 BUSH 0.01 1 $9.38
04 32731457101 ADJUSTER 1 $9.98
05 32731236644 HEX NUT 1 $2.56

I think BMW keeps moving that stuff around just to do further damage to my poor brain cells. I can usually find the adjuster on my bike, but telling somebody else where to find it goes like, "It is up ... or down ... or in the middle ..., but there is one."

Back