Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Retirement!!!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegrasspicker View Post
    I retired 8 months ago on my birthday at 62. I finally found out what I want to be in life !
    Same here. June 1st was my official date, though HR crashed my retirement party two days earlier and told me not to come back because of "offensive statements" I had made. The company had just laid off another 60 employees with no warning (bringing the total to 2000 who had been canned) and I was overheard saying, "And they wonder why morale is so low."

Life since then has been wonderful! I made huge progress on the Honeydew List...or at least I was making progress before winter and our record snowfall. The only downside has been my poor wife, who sees how much my life has improved, is three years younger and still has a few working years ahead of her. Let's just say her tolerance for bad management decisions has taken a nose dive!
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

When management keeps sending trainees to yer position for training, the jig is up. I usually handed them a broom to start at the bottom. To become a journeyperson you have to first be an apprentice. Getting old is an education. Retirement offers a whole new set of possibilities. After a few years the labors past to make a living seem like a deja vu all over again. One of the anchors is the beemer. An old friend for the last 40 years. Two scents, FWIW.

Registered User indiana_jones_i's Avatar

Smile Retired

Glad that you are retired and enjoying it. I have thoroughly enjoyed the thread on the the sidecar this Winter. Looking forward to next Winter's project and posts.

Iím concerned that Pete will suffer PPD (Post Project Depression) when his sidecar project is complete. So, I am offering up my Ural sidecar as a follow-on project. Letís see if he can make a silk purse out of a pigís ear. Hell, Iíll offer up the entire rig just to be nice.
    Kevin
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Team Pterodactyl
    2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Iím concerned that Pete will suffer PPD (Post Project Depression) when his sidecar project is complete. So, I am offering up my Ural sidecar as a follow-on project. Letís see if he can make a silk purse out of a pigís ear. Hell, Iíll offer up the entire rig just to be nice.
    With the freedom to pursue artistic license..? I've always wanted to create a Batmobile hack!
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

This is an issue current to me right now. I'm on the cusp of retirement. Self employed so I can work as much as I want, but am attempting to wind it down.
    Problem with that plan is that this winter I never found a project bike that needed my love. As such I was forced to work on my own bike!
    With the riding season fast upon me, I'm looking forward to that sucking up some of the free time, but I'm also still looking for the next project.

Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR View Post
    I'm "retiring" on the 25th and we're moving back in western NC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6 more days
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    With the freedom to pursue artistic license..? I've always wanted to create a Batmobile hack!
    Will I get one of those Batman suits with the built in muscles? If so I am in!
    Kevin
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Team Pterodactyl
    2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA