• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Retirement!!!

Been 2.5 years since i got out now and i'am looking out the window at the snow comming down thinking how i was treated before i retired. I missed one day of work in 25 years and took much pride in what i did but somehow now days seems like employees are not treated with much respect. Ow well they got what they wanted but so did i !

I was planning on going this year. A few weeks ago received an email that the company is looking to downsize a little through Enhanced Retirement Package, for which I'm eligible. So, they don't want me anymore, and they are going to give me money to go away. Hmmm...Okay! Sent the papers in, waiting for THE DAY!

I was planning on going this year. A few weeks ago received an email that the company is looking to downsize a little through Enhanced Retirement Package, for which I'm eligible. So, they don't want me anymore, and they are going to give me money to go away. Hmmm...Okay! Sent the papers in, waiting for THE DAY!

Congrats, Randy! And when is "THE DAY" ?

April 25th.....a fortune cookie helped to seal the deal; "your years of hard work will soon be rewarded"

Wait a minute! I know you and there is no way you are old enough to retire. Back to work you slacker. :wave

Where I work, we accumulate 2% per year worked. I am amazed how people will give up a year of their life for few extra nickles & dimes in pension.

Another aspect is that some who retire end up in a state of boredom. Now that is sad.

Here is another good line...

During your final moments, I doubt you'll ever say, "gosh, I wish I would have made that meeting".

So true, I sure don't miss meetings! but some of those amongst us that don't like the idea of retirement actually relish those meetings & other stuff that goes with certain jobs & continue to work for a variety of reasons. Strange as it may seem to many of us (me!) they actually like having the meetings,hotel stays & other work a day stuff to organize their life around. I lack any compassion for going backwards in my life. Retirement is great!
Yeh, I miss students but life goes on...:thumb

95 days from today I'll be eligible to retire from my job as a correctional officer for the government of Ontario.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter every day.
Due to my current debt situation and with BMW coming out with a new water-cooled RT I'll most likely stay working for
another 6 - 18 months (I'd like to retire at the start of summer so I can kick-off the next phase of life with a lengthy road trip)
20 years of working with the dregs of society is a long time (my brother did it for 35 years). I figure another 1/2 to 1 1/2 years
will be like a walk in the park. Debt-free with a new bike in the garage? Yes, please!

Back