• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gerbing jacket liner ?

I will say yes. But not around the sleeve cuffs. The sleeve cuffs are elastic like and keep it tight onto the wrist.
However, I also use their heated gloves, with ... gauntlets. Which very importantly keep cold, or wind, or air from going onto the wrist or up the sleeve.
I certainly feel the heat on the arms. (I think?)

Ok, I just gave the liner the feel test. Yes, they do.
dc

PS Don't forget the heat controller. Very important. On/off is no good.

+1 to what David said.
Actually a dual heat controller may be warranted for liner and gloves. I tend to run them at different settings.

Gerbings Jacket Liner

I just purchased the Gerbing's jacket liner Tuesday and used it for the first time today. It definitely warms you down to the wrists, but as said earlier, not in the elastic cuff.

I have Gerbing's socks, pants liner, and gloves also. I have to say the jacket liner is their best product. And the best feature may be the heated collar which you can fold up like a turtle neck and fit up to the base of your helmet.

Thanks for the replies.

I have the jacket liner but haven't received the dual remote from powerlet yet to try it out. I was curious as the cuff area just barely long enough to cover my wrist. I'll try it out and decide if I need a longer sleeve length

I went to the mc show to buy mine. They fitted me there. They said, oh, those sleeves are not long enough, you need, some other size, which they referred me to which had longer sleeves. Good fit.
But the advantage from buying from a local dealer with stock on hand. Try it on first.
dc

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on the heated glove liners vs the heated glove itself?

I have the Gerbing jacket liner and the Warm& Safe dual remote.

Has anyone ever done any alterations on the liner so that the receiver can be stashed in the wiring access pocket and the wires out through an access hole below the Gerbing wire connector in the jacket?

If you're in the market for dual controllers, consider the Powerlet dual wireless controller. I have my controller attached to the clutch reservoir cover with dual-lock. Perfect.

If you're in the market for dual controllers, consider the Powerlet dual wireless controller. I have my controller attached to the clutch reservoir cover with dual-lock. Perfect.

I bought a dual remote from Warm&Safe when I got my liner and actually got to try it out yesterday (0??C very convenient , I have it stuck onto the front section of the fuel tank temporarily. Thanks for the Dual Lock tip . I haven't been able to find it in the local stores in town. I'll look for IT the next time I'm in a big box store

{snip}...Thanks for the Dual Lock tip . I haven't been able to find it in the local stores in town...{snip}

Yes, its an elusive product. I haven't had good luck finding it either, so I bought a large roll from a local company that had some spare stock. Be aware that it comes in two varieties: low-profile and regular. Low profile has smaller, shorter "nubs" and is good when minimum height is needed -- but it does not feel like it gives you the rock-solid feeling that the regular Dual Lock does. That being said, I used low profile to mount the controller and fashioned a leash just in case. It hasn't even budged in four months of riding over a variety of terrain.

For onesy-twosy needs, you can go to your state's Fast Past (or whatever it may be called in your parts) office and ask them for new strips. Last time I did that they only were allowed to give me two strips -- I mean that together they would make one double-side strip! State budget issues, don't cha' know... :rolleyes

I have found the dual lok at staples, walmart, and walgreens. At walmart, it was in a fastener area and not grouped with the velcro products. Great stuff. I use it on top of my clutch reservoir for my wireless dual controller.

+1 to what David said.
Actually a dual heat controller may be warranted for liner and gloves. I tend to run them at different settings.

This is what my wife likes, but she can never remember which knob controls what. I have and pefer the single controler. It doesn't bother me to have my jacket liner, pants and gloves all at the same tempature

I decided to try the Warm & Safe jacket liner and decided I like it a bit better than the Gerbing.

Both liners heat just fine. Never had the controller over 1/3 of the way up 32??F.

It was just a matter of fit and convenience. I likes the way the collar fit on the W&S , it's a bit looser and just felt better to me. I Also liked the way the W&S came down a bit further in the back. The way the receiver and the wires tucked away in the pocket was more convenient for me.

No big deal just personal preference . I would be fine with either.

Back