• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Does the rally fill up?

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
By that i mean has there been times when members can't get a tent site?

This will be my first rally, but i may not know i can go until July 1st. Is that too late to register?

Can you cancel and get a refund?

There will always be somewhere to camp. Thats not a problem. I don't believe you can get a refund if you pre register. You can just pay when you get there.

I have worked at the registration tent at three rallies and have never seen anyone turned away. Folks always seem to find a spot to pitch a tent. A couple of times I've had other commitments arise forcing me to miss the rally. I never considered asking for a refund on my prepayment of $35 or so. Lot of people show up without preregistering.

preregister

I recommend you preregister. I preregistered for two of us last year. The poor girl's bike was hit in the parking lot at her work and she could not make the rally. I notified the good folks at the registration table and a refund for her was processed on my credit card.

Preregistration helps everyone; especially you. Trust me, filling out all that crap in a hot tent when all you really want to do is unpack and have a beer, is not that much fun.

There is ALWAYS room for more campers.

This will be my first rally, but i may not know i can go until July 1st. Is that too late to register?

Preregistration usually closes July 1st. Because we are still on an all manual system for our gate registration we need a couple of weeks to get all the preregistration forms printed and organized.

You do get a discount for prereg, but also risk losing your fee if you can't make it to the rally. Preregistrations are not refundable. A few exceptions have been made in individual cases where a rider is injured or their bike damaged on the way to the rally, but we really can't provide refunds because we commit to supplies and resources based on the preregistration sales - that money is spent.

As to your camping space question - there is no end of camping space at Sedalia - you will not have a problem. Hope to see you there!

I'll never pre-register to another rally after the Bloomsberg fiasco. I'll check the weather and make a last minute decision.

I'll never pre-register to another rally after the Bloomsberg fiasco. I'll check the weather and make a last minute decision.

The fiasco took place later when the remnants of Irene hit the area. Compared to that the heat wave was a minor league issue. I don't understand the tone of your statement here and one other post. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. When conditions turn awful you have a choice of going anyway and making the best of it, or deciding that enduring the conditions isn't worth the small amount of cash you paid up front and skipping the family get together.

Or like you said, make your decision at the last minute. Personal choice.

Pete

I pre-registered, as did my friend. There was no fiasco whatsoever when we went to the registration tent. It went pretty smoothly, especially if you have a modicum of patience and stop to consider that everyone's a volunteer. Maybe if you volunteer you can help improve what -- for you -- was a less than satisfying experience.

I'm glad I pre-registered for the Bloomsburg Rally. If I had not, I probably would not have gone. Despite the heat, I thought it was a great rally. Checking in only took a few minutes. Other than the heat, I thought it was well done. The people in the town were great and I didn't meet a single person who lived there that was unfriendly. I stayed in the dorms and rode the bus back and forth many times. The heat was far better than the constant rain that we "enjoyed" at Charleston a few years ago.

Lots of tent space

Been to a dozen or so International Rallies and rarely preregistered. There is always lots of tent space, even if you arrive late. The first one I attended was at Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch in Tennessee and it was very hot. Lots of riders used the creek that ran through the property to cool off.

I like to preregister since I don't tolerate very well standing in long lines in hot tents. I only got bitten once so far in 2009 when I tore a hamstring a week before the rally. I didn't even consider asking for a refund "Ya pays your money & ya take your chances."

I'll never pre-register to another rally after the Bloomsberg fiasco. I'll check the weather and make a last minute decision.[/QUOTE

I sure do wish I had that kind of time on my hands, sitting in the garage on the bike full ATGATT waiting for the weather to grace my comfort zone.

Bloomsburg was great, guess you were at a different rally than the rest of us.

I would just preregister for the rally and then plan on going.

I didn't preregister for Bloomsburg unlike the cool people. No really - they were cooler because they didn't have to stand in the non-registered line.

See you in Sedalia!

Back