• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 r1200 gs 12000 mi service cost

Tewster2

Hello All,

I have received quotes from $400 to $750 for the 12000 mile service from several dealers here in Florida. I usually do my own services but wish to have the 12k service done at a dealer for documentation. No problems with the bike so far except a bad battery that I replaced at 6k. Thanks for any input.

Tim

Since you want to have a dealer do it, I'd go for the $400.00 quote and save $350.00 on the $750.00 quote...no doubt. Not sure why you feel you need verification, especially since you usually do your own service. If you save your receipts for service parts/fluids and document, in a little notebook, what you did and when - why worry about having a dealer do it?

Last edited:
You know, I did the same thing for documentation purposes at the 600 mile service. From then on I have done all the service myself. That way I know it's right. 23,ooo miles on my 08 rt and it's perfect!

Thanks for the great input. I think I will do the service myself. I guess I need to invest in a GS911 now.

Back