• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMWs at Chicago IMS Show

I plan on being there Saturday also, and would like to meet any other members who might be there. Maybe near the MOA booth, noonish? How say ye?

The CTA station you speak of will be 1.29 miles north of the convention center. That's a bit of a hike, presuming even good weather.
My recollection is that it is not that far, but I didn't actually measure it.

Nevertheless, there has always been a shuttle from the CTA parking to the convention center if you don't care to walk.

Props to Countryside for providing a commercial BMW presence at the show.

And I hope I am not out of line pointing out that the Chicago Region will again have a booth at the show that is worth a visit. :whistle (Disclaiimer: I'm currently president of the Chicago Region.)

My recollection is that it is not that far, but I didn't actually measure it.

Nevertheless, there has always been a shuttle from the CTA parking to the convention center if you don't care to walk.

Props to Countryside for providing a commercial BMW presence at the show.

And I hope I am not out of line pointing out that the Chicago Region will again have a booth at the show that is worth a visit. :whistle (Disclaiimer: I'm currently president of the Chicago Region.)

Cool, again if I for sure go...I'll look for your booth.

I am so ready for this show, It will be my first, We booked the hotel months ago across the street and haven't had a good pizza in months. As stated above about mostly cruisers, I hope that is the case so I can walk up and talk to the vendors that really care about riders and not chrome. We will see you guys at the MOA booth and It would be nice if I could pick up some BMW apparel like shirts and hats that doesn't say GS or RR.

Its nice to see the twisted throttle is bringing 12gs with their stuff on it.I want to check out 12gs with trax boxes on it since i'm undecided on my luggage option.

Well I had a change of mind this morning, so I won't be going afterall. No big reason, just didn't feel like riding 8-9 hours each way in my truck. And they are saying a snow / ice mix is headed this way?......{IF} they know ??

I just got home from the show and want to say "Thanks" to BMW of Countryside for for being a vendor there. Walter (from the service dept.) was very patient and helpful answering questions about the 1600 GTL.

Glad you could get in the booth, I tried a few times and just gave up, I got over to the the place they had hats and tee's to buy some and after a couple people jumped in front of me, I just gave up. It was great to see them there but disappointed to see such a small space and unable to get in to see anything. My son got to set on a lot of bikes and decide what kind he wanted to try out in the future so it wasn't a bad show.

Some enjoyed County side more then others

My 90 year old uncle first MC show, he seems to really enjoy it

Attachments

• milton at MC show 2012.jpg
    milton at MC show 2012.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 62
Granted, the Countryside BMW display was crowded, and it was hell constantly running into those three lovelies pictured above while meandering thru the bikes and accessories.

No wonder after 45 minutes of such frustration, I finally moved on to another vendor. :brow

Back