• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bicycle Mount for 650GS

E

Evan Griffiths

Does anyone have a link or information on who makes bicycle mounts for the back of a motorcycle. I have seen some but wonder if they are strictly custom fabrication.
thanks
Evan

The only ones I've ever seen were homemade. I made one that would've worked well except for the fact that I didn't have time to test it out first. I got a three legged bike rack that mounts universally on the rear bumper/trunk lid of cars and is held on with straps. I cant remember who makes it, but it probably came from target or walmart. All the leg and rack position are adjustable.
I put the two legs that would normally go on the cars bumper on the top of the saddlebags, the middle leg that would normally rest on the trunk lid rested on the passenger seat. I got it all strapped on and put the bike in it and it seemed to work well for a few miles... the legs on the saddlebag slid forward and relaxed the tension on the straps causing the whole rack to pitch back almost totaling my new $1500 Giant road bike. :doh

If I do it again I'll screw something into the top of the saddle bag that the legs can rest on so they wont slide forward.

Good Luck! :thumb

There is one for sale on the Classifieds at F650.com and it is also listed in the ibmwr.org Marketplace classifieds.
Greg

Back