Thread: Held gloves

Held gloves

Has anyone tried the "fighter " model glove from Held ? Comments ?
    Steve
    steve now in CT
    moved from Toronto
    92 R100RS

Held gloves are no longer imported by Helimot since about 2003. He stopped because Held now makes their gloves in Pakistan and the quality has gone down considerably. What this means is that Held gloves are no longer the same product on which they built their reputation.

YMMV.
    Click here for Tales of Motorcycles and Life
    - BMW MOA Lifetime Member #18854

Helimot

Held signed a contract with Intersport Fashion West and terminated their agreement with Helimot. ( Much bitterness resulting from said termination) I have both pre ( one pair) and post Helimot ( two pairs) Held Gloves and find the quality the same. Some of the Held manufacturing has been moved, not just to Pakistan but also to Hungary. The quality standards are the same as are the materials and they are great gloves. Helimot also now makes an interesting design of their own. I have never owned a pair ( too satisfied with my Held's) but were I to switch I would probably try their's (Helimot). The only complaints ( not a scientific survey) I have ever heard concerning Held gloves has been concerning price. If you don't mind the price I think you will be happy with Held gloves.
    Jim Johnson, OP Kansas
    Marcus Aurelius: "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

It sounds like a "he said, she said" story. Thank you for your perspective on the "before" and "after" comparison. I have two pairs of "before" gloves and they're great. I don't know if I'll get Helimot or Held when it is time to replace one of them.
    Click here for Tales of Motorcycles and Life
    - BMW MOA Lifetime Member #18854

I also have a pair of pre-Heliimont and post-Helimont gloves. I concur that the quality of both pair of gloves is exceptional. I'm usually wearing one pair or the other when I leave the house. I have a pair of the Galaxy race gloves and a pair of the Storm Gore-Tex summer rain gloves. I wear the Galaxy gloves when I'm going out to hit the twisties. The Storm gloves were really nice for riding around town this winter when there was a lot of moisture in the air. They did a great job of keeping my hands dry, and they were actually pretty warm behind my handguards when the temperature got really low.

Got mine last year...

...so I'm assuming these would be the "post" type gloves. These are the lighter type, road riding gloves. Black in color, tricot lined, these are not for riding in cold weather, but work well down to maybe 45 degrees. I love the way they feel. Remember the old rubber gloves commerciaL, "So flexible, you can pick up a dime?" That's the way these gloves are for me.

I got them from newenough.com on closeout for $31.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia