• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bikeweek 2012 adventure campout... putting out a feeler

Visian

look out!!!
Some here may know about my top-secret Bikeweek camping location... no, I'm still not telling you about it.

However..... I've discovered a very nice camping spot for about 50 people, 15 minutes from the Speedway and very undiscovered by the madding crowd. As in, no one knows about it. This place is so much nicer than Holiday Park it's not funny.

Access is paved, so non-adventure bike riders are welcome. Yet there's some nice Florida sugar sand just around the corner.

In the heart of beautiful Florida coastal nature, there are decent amenties but no shower.

The other tradeoff is no alchohol, however, my reconaissance assures me that it's one of those "be discrete and there won't be a problem" deals.

The last compromise is a locked gate at night, with a combination lock so that guests can enter and exit.

This event, if it happens, will not be a boisterous party and I expect that we will be fully out of earshot of the noisy bikes. It's more about escape from all that while remaining convenient to Bikeweek events, so you can easily get your fix. It won't be a huge catered affair, either... and we'll need some volunteers to pull it all off.

Just curious as to how many folks might be interested in this.

Ian

ok, 202 looks and 4 comments, not a lotta love.

This event, if it happens in centered around the first weekend of Bikeweek... the Supercross, the GNCC and the Alligator.

You can go over to Holiday afterward and get a shower... or there's a lake if you just keep an eye out for gators.

Bike week and Key West

My first BMW Bike week was 3 years ago at Holiday. That was the year we could have a camp fire and spend some quality time with many great Bimmer owners. And yes adult beverages, cigars, and bimmer talk made me put away and forget I had a Blackberry. Bring on the rain and the campfires!! I don't care who you are,,, a hot shower is always welcome !!
FYI, I have myself and 2 buds planing on running the keys that week. The seven mile bridge becons

:clap:buds

Hmmm.....my three buddies and I are currently planning on riding down from NY.

I just snagged a great little hammock and this sounds like the event to try it out. Might there be trees on this secret little hideaway? :hide

Hmmm.....my three buddies and I are currently planning on riding down from NY.

I just snagged a great little hammock and this sounds like the event to try it out. Might there be trees on this secret little hideaway? :hide

Roy - there are a ton of trees, but I won't be there.

Whoops, I thought I had posted here... There wasn't enough interest to make it worthwhile *not* to go to my secret campsite, so that's where I'll be.

PM me and I will give you the info.

Ian

Oh man....

I had a pretty strange Bikeweek this year, did more working and family visiting that Daytona-ing.

However, I did get a chance to stop in and check out this campground, it was *completely* empty. :nod

Jeez, this is such a nice place to camp. About 15 mins from the track.

Ian

Daytona 2013

Pretty hard to beat the Holiday RV campground. The FLairheads pretty much run the entire tent camping area. The Jacksonville based BMWNEF club helps some as well. While close to the hwy, the campground itself is nice and reasonably quiet. Also, the gray hairs serve a very nice $5 breakfast each AM.

Larry in Jax, FL

Back