• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Introducing MotoSafe

WooDmEn

Introducing MotoSafe, a blog project discussing funner, more proficient and safer riding:

www.moto-safe.com

Inagural articles include "Hidden Risk," "Command Respect" and "The Holy Grail." For moto-educators, look under the Trainer/Educator button for "Trainer Effect."

New From MotoSafe

Last month, MotoSafe thought about the benefits of riding smoothly, managing the weight-shifts that occur as we speed up, slow down and change direction. ÔÇÿRiding SmoothlyÔÇÖ is often talked up wherever riders gather. After a brisk ride through some entertaining, hilly roads, followed by a stint on the Interstate and five miles in big-city traffic, Steady Stan and Sam Smooth start in on a couple of burgers at the end of the dayÔÇÖs ride. (read more) www.moto-safe.com

New from MotoSafe

Mark Twain once observed; ÔÇ£Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it!ÔÇØ LetÔÇÖs at least talk about weather, and see if we can find some things to do about it, too.

(Read more) www.moto-safe.com

CliffsNotes on MotoSafe

On school campuses throughout the world, many backpacks have one or more of the ubiquitous yellow-and-black CliffsNotes study guides tucked inside. You probably picked up a few, didnÔÇÖt you! CliffsNotes are a series of student study guides that present and explain literary and other works, summarized in pamphlet form. Endorsers say the guides help readers understand complex works, while detractors say they let students avoid even reading them. Whichever position you may take, itÔÇÖs clear that CliffsNotes summaries have increased learning, to some depth, for millions of students. Can we learn something about safer riding from this cultural icon?
(Read more www.moto-safe.com)

Training and Educational Resources

January is almost toast, and February, 'The cruelest month,' will take up an extra day this year. For most riders, March bring some hope. Now might be the time to take a look at some skill-refreshment and self-renewal opportunities for the spring. Check out the Training Resources section (right side of the page, click on the link) at MotoSafe. www.moto-safe.com

Your contributiions are always welcome...

Nothing personal, Roger. I find you to be an excellent educator and able to present your ideas with insight and well-ordered methodology. All who seek improvement should peruse this new endeavor.

But after 3+ decades as an LEO, where I had no choice but to rush to every domestic dispute, tavern disturbance, street brawl, ambush, riot and slug-fest in the ER's, I now pick my battles.

Odd paradox that given our club demographic, there is such contempt towards formalized instruction of motorcycle operation.

Sitting this one out for now.

Ride safe and as always..... "Mind your surroundings!" :german

No Worries

Still, if ever you get a bee in your bonnet, send your thoughts in for the print version. You do a good job of presenting concepts - and THANX for carrying the Touring Tips torch so well...

I always thought it strange that no permanent forum topic header "Motorcycle Safety" has been put in place..

"Motocycle Safety"

I always thought it strange that no permanent forum topic header "Motorcycle Safety" has been put in place..

Yeah, that could be done; I've proposed such to the forum gurus, but it never went anywhere. In any event, I would prefer a topic that included 'FUN,' and 'PROFICIENCY' as well as 'SAFETY.' The subject of 'SAFETY' often is perceived as a bunch of safety-crats yelling, "Slow down, and be sure not to have any real fun!" MotoSafe's theme IS:

Fun
Proficiency
Risk-reduction

Thanx for the input...

Wiles, MotoSafe Editor

Thanks for the link and your endeavors!

..I never get tired of placing my eyes over safe riding and form writings. Winter is always a good time to refresh..as well to remind ones self.

After every ride season I always critique those 'not so cool' moments that happened during the season.

Yes, it would be nice to have a corner for this type of wisdom and interaction available here.

....or

Perhaps just join in on more...."word association".. down below :whistle

New MotoSafe - Calibrated Confidence

Riding confidence. Is it important? Can too much, or too little, be a bad thing? How can I become more confident? Are confident riders always competent riders? Some thoughts about confidence: (Read more: www.moto-safe.com)

MSF Research - Seeking Particpants

Is Your Bike Eligible?

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) are seeking participants for a ground breaking study involving motorcyclists

(Read more: www.moto-safe.com)

Back