• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Morocco motorcycle rentals?

papasong

Hi All,

I may be in Morocco in January for about a week, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience renting BMW motorcycles there, and if so, can you recommend (or warn away from) a moto-rental company?

I don't want to do an organized tour, but just would like to rent a bike - maybe a 1200GS - from Marrakesh for a few days to tour around on my own.

Thanks!
Jeff (R1200R)
BMWMOA 142614
papasong@gmail.com

Yeah, already booked a 1200GS rental with Palm Road. Scott Moreno at IMTBike in Spain connected me with Palm Road.
I will let you all know how it goes after I get back!

Hi All,

So, I did a 4-day solo motorcycle trip from Marrakech, south through amazingly twisty mountain roads, and then through the rocky desert south of the Atlas mountains - and east almost all the way to the Algerian border (and amazing sand dunes). And then north a bit to loop back through more rocky desert, small towns, amazing gorges, etc., and then a different twisty mountain road back to Marrakech.

I ended up renting an F800GS with top case and panniers from Reda Jabri at Palm Road in Marrakech;
http://palm-road.com/en/

Reda and his staff were incredible. The bike was in great shape, and Reda helped me plan the route, and also suggested hotels and B&Bs to stay in. He knew when I'd likely be tired, etc. He was the ultimate fixer in Morocco.

Anyway, I have many other details if anyone is interested. His business is mainly to take large moto-tour groups all around Morocco. But I wanted to go it alone, and he was really helpful in making it happen.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have questions or want more info.

Jeff

Back