• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw scooter

t6pilot

Now that BMW is coming out with a couple of super scooters are they going to be added as a sub-group. My bride refuses a motorcycle preferring scooters, these have her interest up as you can comfortably due some touring, 60 horsepower 110 mph no slouch. Plus add heated grips,seat electric adjustable windscreen not your old cushman scooter by a long shot

More info:
http://bmwmcmag.com/2011/11/eicma-2011-bmw-c600-sport-and-c650gt-maxi-scooters/
http://www.dealernews.com/dealernew...Article/detail/750414?contextCategoryId=48447

C600-C650-riding-01.jpg

I am all over that GT model :love

Hope our local dealer gets one in so I can try it out. Too much money to not test ride it first.:thumb

The words ; PRE ORDER just give me the willy's.

I believe David Brown the author( former husband of Helen Gurley Brown) said it best;
After the age of 65 , never own anything that moves or requires paint.:blah

I believe that includes Pre -ordering anything.:whistle

The words ; PRE ORDER just give me the willy's.

I believe David Brown the author( former husband of Helen Gurley Brown) said it best;
After the age of 65 , never own anything that moves or requires paint.:blah

I believe that includes Pre -ordering anything.:whistle

I kind of doubt he rode bikes? Sounds like a couch potato/intellectual...

and who would pre-order anything that moves that they haven't ridden?

I doubt he rode motorcycles either.
As a committed New York city dweller, he probably did not even have a driving license.:)

I threw out the "pre-order" comment as a way of determining what the retail price might be...

A call just now to BMW Motorcycles of Ventura revealed nothing about when these machines will be available (other than some time in the spring), nor any clue as to what the MSRP might be.

Now that BMW is coming out with a couple of super scooters are they going to be added as a sub-group. My bride refuses a motorcycle preferring scooters, these have her interest up as you can comfortably due some touring, 60 horsepower 110 mph no slouch. Plus add heated grips,seat electric adjustable windscreen not your old cushman scooter by a long shot

I bet those scooters in photos meet with disfavor of many women as they don't look skirt-friendly. Given that, might as well be a normal motorcycle.

I agree about the skirt friendly thought.

A big factor for me if i decide to get a "Maxi Step Through" type, is the
"Step Through" part.
If i still have to climb over the seat to get on I might as well stay with a motorcycle style.

I have been experiencing a bunch of discomfort doing that maneuver lately. I believe it is due to a mesh failure from an operation I had two years ago.:banghead

Proberly should start a sub-group. I start off the names with
Scoot Group... Scooter-Pie...

Now that BMW is coming out with a couple of super scooters are they going to be added as a sub-group.

Sure. I am fairly confident that when the time comes for a forum sub group we will all agree it should be called:

Scooter Thrash

I think those scooters are gross. And I agree, they don't seem to do a great job of being scooters based on the limited "step-through" ability.

Back