• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anonymous Codes

lmo1131

I got my Membership Renewal yesterday.

The Anonymous Book Listing Information is a bit confusing; most of the "codes" are printed in blue, but some of them are printed in green.

What's the difference? If there is one. ..

It has something to do the nature's color spectrum. There are other primary colors as seen by the human eye. And yes, there are differences. Science can tell you why, in certain instances, how certain colors are perceived by humans, but they have yet to determine who decided which colors there would be. Anything else?

Oh ... a wise guy, eh? Why I oughta.. .

Let me rephrase the question. Does the color of the print on questionnaire have any significance? e.g. Does it signify, perhaps, current listing preferences?

Anything else?
How far is Tulsa?
icon_wink.gif

Lew -

I hadn't noticed, but pulled my form out just to see...yup, greens and blues. I notice that the boxes in the upper right (in green) match the categories that are listed below in green. My guess is that all of the other blue codes are more "special interest" and you would write those in the line for that. Otherwise, you just check one or more of the green boxes. Seems the green items have more to do with support such as tools, bed space, work areas, etc.

The green choices are what you are willing to do, or have, to help other riders.....you simply check the green boxes in the upper right with the matching codes.

The blue choices are specific things you are interested in or involved with. They do not say how you will help, but help explain to other riders what you are focused upon. Example.....If I am broke down it might help to find another GS guy that is more likely to be equiped to help rather than a restoration guy.

For identifying the blue items you are into you write their abbreviations on the blue line on the right just above them.

BTW there needs to be two new blue categories, Adventure touring & off-road.....& perhaps even Husqvarna.

Back