• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Glarus 2012

MANICMECHANIC

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
OK, boys-n-girls, it's time to begin thinking about things to do during the season-of-poor-riding. It is with this in mind that we announce the 2012 New Glarus Gathering, January 27, 28, 29. As usual the center of festivities will be the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus, WI. For those who have experienced the event previously, it is anticipated to be as usual. For those new to this event, here's the deal - arrive sometime Friday and socialize for a while, whether in the lobby or in the hot tub. Later we stroll a couple blocks to the Hotel New Glarus for dinner, POLKAS, and beer. Once we've had enough of those, feel free to wander the town for more excitement, or head back to the Chalet to socialize some more.

Saturday starts with breakfast, after which the day is open to whatever your heart fancies. Some have opted to tour the New Glarus brewery, or gone in search of cheese, wine, mustard (the Mustard Museum in Middleton), or shopping in suchplaces as the Duluth Trading Company store in Mt. Horeb. Again, nothing definite, other than gather for dinner later that evening.

Sunday is a typical Sunday, with breakfast, good-byes, and travel home.

It is hoped we see some new faces this year, along witha lot of the familiar ones. Bring a smile, good attitude, maybe some stuff to share, and your swimsuit for the hot tub and pool. Due to the time of year and expected weather, it is anticipated that there will not be any motorcycles making the trip.

Hoping to see you there!

Sounds nice, but ...

I'll be on the last days of a month in Hawaii. I'll try to think of all you having winter fun and hope you have decent weather and lots of cameradery.

:drink

OK, boys-n-girls, it's time to begin thinking about things to do during the season-of-poor-riding. It is with this in mind that we announce the 2012 New Glarus Gathering, January 27, 28, 29. As usual the center of festivities will be the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus, WI. For those who have experienced the event previously, it is anticipated to be as usual. For those new to this event, here's the deal - arrive sometime Friday and socialize for a while, whether in the lobby or in the hot tub. Later we stroll a couple blocks to the Hotel New Glarus for dinner, POLKAS, and beer. Once we've had enough of those, feel free to wander the town for more excitement, or head back to the Chalet to socialize some more.

Saturday starts with breakfast, after which the day is open to whatever your heart fancies. Some have opted to tour the New Glarus brewery, or gone in search of cheese, wine, mustard (the Mustard Museum in Middleton), or shopping in suchplaces as the Duluth Trading Company store in Mt. Horeb. Again, nothing definite, other than gather for dinner later that evening.

Sunday is a typical Sunday, with breakfast, good-byes, and travel home.

It is hoped we see some new faces this year, along witha lot of the familiar ones. Bring a smile, good attitude, maybe some stuff to share, and your swimsuit for the hot tub and pool. Due to the time of year and expected weather, it is anticipated that there will not be any motorcycles making the trip.

Hoping to see you there!

Randy,

Looks like I will be there; Jill was coming, but now I'm not sure, so Roy,you want to split a room?

Last year's party at Bert's was great!

Dale

I will participate as well. Not so sure about my not-so-imaginary-wife Lisa. She loves the event but is going on a dive trip that returns to O'hare late that friday evening. At the very worst, I would pick her up at the airport and arrive just in time for the late-night shenanigans.

See you all there.

Let me know. With Dale, one must have a plan B. :lol

May I remind you, Mr Rapid that I r a alumni of the annual New Glarus festivities with only one miss in four years.:)

Save inlaw heart attacks or a centurian snowfall of epic proportion, I will be there!

May I remind you, Mr Rapid that I r a alumni of the annual New Glarus festivities with only one miss in four years.:)

Save inlaw heart attacks or a centurian snowfall of epic proportion, I will be there!

Both Friday and Saturday? I'll reserve a room.

:clap
I have to make a trip to the Mustard Museum.

Another good place, back by where the old Mustard Museum was, is the Grumpy Troll. Probably not nearly as busy in winter as in the summer.

grumpytroll-S.jpg

Back