• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1600 Shop Manual

PGS

Does anyone know anything about how to get a K1600 shop manual? I have seen posts about a shop manual on CD (or DVD?) but have not see anything about availability.

I am new to BMWs - are shop manual typically sold by BMW, or 3rd parties, or both?

I asked my dealer for the manuals on CD, they said they weren't available yet. But should be around $80.

2012 Shop Manual CD - No ETM Included!

Does anyone know anything about how to get a K1600 shop manual? I have seen posts about a shop manual on CD (or DVD?) but have not see anything about availability.

I am new to BMWs - are shop manual typically sold by BMW, or 3rd parties, or both?

I purchased the BMW Shop Manual on CD.
To my surprise it does NOT include ANY wiring diagrams or troubleshooting information!
I have always obtained an OEM shop manual for every car or bike I have owned, this is the FIRST time no ETM was included.

Does anyone know how to obtain an ETM for the 2012 K1600GTL?

BMW supposedly has/had a separate DVD that covers wiring for all years and models of bikes. As best I can find out, this has never been available for retail sale. I cannot find a part number for it anywhere. I would not be surprised to find that diagrams are now available only through the dealers' diagnostic computers.

I have the OEM shop CD and the lack of troubleshooting and wiring diagrams is consistent with my previous OEM CDs for an F800GS and an R1200ST. It sure would be nice to have these sections included.

Back