• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Happy Thanksgiving

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Here is a little something from Arlo Guthrie, a Thanksgiving listening tradition for many. A spot on the Group W Bench opened up so I was able to fix the link :dance

Always good for a chuckle. Gary

Last edited:
Always appropriate on Thanksgiving! I'm sure the local radio stations will play it several times.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Here's wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. If you're living in the sunshine, get out and ride a bit!

:wave

Here is a little something from Arlo Guthrie, a Thanksgiving listening tradition for many. Unfortunately the embed code has been turned off. Here is the link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo

Always good for a chuckle. Gary

Having occupied the Group W Bench myself at one time and resided in an old hippy haven church at another, I hold a real warm spot for Arlo's tribute to Alice and Ray's Thanksgiving dinner "that couldn't be beat". May you all in the U.S.A. have a loving Thanksgiving day. And, I hope that my old high school (Deering High in Portland, Maine) beats our rival Portland High in tomorrow's annual Thankgiving Day football game!..... Go Rams! :dance - Bob

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that plays AliceÔÇÖs restaurant on Thanksgiving.
My two daughters cringe when I fire up the stereo every Thanksgiving because they know what is coming.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and keep off the Group W bench. :eat

What's it been 40 years? I've been all Arlo'd out for at least half of that time, but it was a good one. :laugh

...and Group W was Westinghouse, yes? :)

My 4 yr old grandson told my daughter that he is thankful for all his family, the dog, friends, toys, television and toilets that flush. I guess he said it all.
I agree!!! Happy turkey day!:thumb

Alice's Restaurant Midnight Movie

Back in January 1978 I was set to join the US Army. I was in Denver, CO at the Holiday Inn and in the morning I would process through the entrance processing center downtown. I was walking around the night before killing time and I saw that Alice's Restaurant was playing at the midnight movie downtown. I watched the movie and then slept a couple of hours before heading to the MEPS station. I ended up serving 23 years, 7 months and 11 days in the US Army. And it all started with Alice's Restaurant at the midnight movie.

Duty First!

Have - A - Happy

Thank you for your 23 years, 7 months and 11 days of service Sgt. Bill. Have a happy Thanksgiving and stay off the Group W bench !!:beer

SFC Segeleon
3rd Inf Div. 123 Sig. BN. Co C.

Wild Turkeys

Wild turkeys are NOT flightless. We used to have a fairly large flock of turkeys in this part of Braintree, MA. One morning, they were all lined up on the peak of one of the neighborhood houses and took off when I was a few hundred feet away -- between me and the early morning sun. I had no idea what they were until getting up close. "Holy crap -- turkeys can fly!"

Unfortunately, the neighborhood kids used to buzz them with their bikes and since they are territorial birds, a few kids got attacked. Serves the little delinquents right!

A few weeks later, there were a bunch of uniformed people around (not local cops) wandering in MY backyard on a Sunday afternoon collecting the birds.

"Where are you taking them?"
"Plimoth Plantation."
"Yeah right, you're full of (four letter word that rhymes with baloney)."

Next day, I read they were taken someplace to a rural area in Walpole, MA. They've been gone since -- maybe ten years. I miss the little guys. I worked on the car in the backyard for an entire day and they came and went as they pleased, very close. We had an interesting conversation and they kinda liked Kathy Mattea on the CD player.

Much happiness to all of you, too.
I shall not be eating at Alice's Restaurant tomorrow.
But I will enjoy turkey elsewhere.
I think we all should be thankful for what we have. No matter how little we have, there is always someone with less.
dc

Me think...

pilgrims didn't have this great weather! happy thanksgiving

Can't say I've heard that song but I'm not yet in my 40s. Happy Thanksgiving folks. I'll be riding to a couple houses tomorrow!

Back