Rally Rat

Talking "Castaway" Fed Ex Box Contents!

Still chuckling over this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyp5UQdtQGw

That was a good one, Kevin.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

My Fed-ex guy is a bur cut hillbilly, not the wooly burger in Ken's flick! Unlike th USPS, they come up my private road a 1/2 mile & place pkg at doorstep! Not a desert island but some similarities. I had another driver that backed into out BB goal with a large box truck & had me put on the non-deliverable list! I complained and got the goal fixed & us back on the good list. Told them it had been there for over 35 years and the 1st to hit it was that dipstick. He tried to argue with me about whose fault it was...

al from chgo burbs lilredroadster's Avatar
    that is a classic!
    Al From Chgo Burbs
    BETTERMENT THROUGH BADGERMENT

Our UPS drivers - Jerry who recently retired after 35 years on the longest route in the US, and Manny, his replacement, are superb. They drop at our front door which is easy, but will also bang around on several miles of graded rock road to deliver to houses and cabins out in the desert off the highway. A wave-down can cause a stop to pick up a package. We couldn't ask for better service.

On the Postal level, Voni had a jacket coming by parcel post. The mailman knew we were out of town for a few days. So, instead of leaving a "pick-it-up-in-town" card he just carried the package around in his van until he saw that we were back. Then he just delivered it to the door.

Fedex is adequate but iffy. DHL just arrives in Alpine, looks at the map, and puts the package in the mail.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Nothing beats small town and rural service from folks that know who you are.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Hahaha... That is a good one!