• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Before the National... 2012 Top Of Rockies Rally

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
Just observed on the Colorado BMW Club web-site..

The 2012 TOR will be a Friday till Sunday, before Sedalia! July 12 - 15

This allows you to "cool" your seat before you "heat" your feet!

I see this as the "Co-Mo two step" :brow

Travel'in John... Privateer Rider
04 R1150R

Last edited:
You say what ? ....

Even more opportunity for pleasure BETWEEN the two Rallys...

please comrade... tell me more concerning said EVENTS !

We're working on details to be announced soon, but it's not an outrageously long ride between Paonia and say, northern Arkansas or eastern Kansas....

Tor

No, but long enough so that I cannot go to it, as I did 2 years ago after the National. You see, I have to be on site early to set up the Beer Garden, and the million things that go with it. DARN !! I was so looking forward to the TOR after Sedalia. SIGH.
Mad Dog
Beer Garden chair:drink

No, but long enough so that I cannot go to it, as I did 2 years ago after the National. You see, I have to be on site early to set up the Beer Garden, and the million things that go with it. DARN !! I was so looking forward to the TOR after Sedalia. SIGH.
Mad Dog
Beer Garden chair:drink

yeah, that would have been better for me, too.

I think TOR is my favorite rally.

Interested in what makes TOR your favorite rally? I'm interested because I am trying to decide if I would have more fun at TOR or the RA national. Either way, we are going to CO this year!

I have only had one chance to take in the TOR...man would I love to go back...that is one great rally in a fabulous location!! Well, maybe next year.... I think Mad Dog may have a chore or two for me regarding setup.... :laugh

sigh..... too much jumpin' for us at that time so have to stick close to huggin' the Mississippi River down to Hannibal and then west. Looking forward to visits along the way though. And the Beer Emporium can count on us again. What a great time that was! and will be! - Bob

Vance, do you think it possible that you may get more than an hour or two of sleep a day during the rally?:bolt All we're gonna need from you is.....:doh

If I was a betting man, I'd say one could count on 12th through 22nd of July being a week to truly call the 40th Anniversary a "Giant" of a memory.

And with so many wonderful micro-breweries in the greater Kansas-Missouri area, the beer garden will be a hoot!

Beer Garden

Hi Vance:
Won't make the chicken this year. Doing motorcycle marshalling for a very worthy charity.
Maybe I could put you on QC at the beer garden, as thanks for your hard work at Bloomsberg? { Ha!}
We do indeed hope that the beer garden will be a hoot !! Starting discussions right now with the rally chairs. I believe that Yeungling has made it that far West. Judging from the response { 60 kegs amber, 20 kegs stout, GONE} and my personal preference, that is a lay-up if we can make it work.
Stay tuned

MAD DOG
Beer Garden co-chair:drink

Interested in what makes TOR your favorite rally? I'm interested because I am trying to decide if I would have more fun at TOR or the RA national. Either way, we are going to CO this year!

Location, the town opening its doors, the GS riding in the area, the entertainment, the beer and the people.

The Colorado people have their rally down pat and it shows.

Ian

TOR @ Paonia, Co

I agree with Ian, they welcome you back each year. The Rally site/park in town is perfect with walking distance to most everones needs. NO Wal Mart nearby!:brow Take a ride to Crested Butte for breakfast... it dosent get any better! Great routes/riding in & out with music each eve... check the web site/pics.
No Glass Containers/Bottles in park/camp area please:nono
Oh... and a cool stream running by to cool your feet, before you heat you seat across Kansas for Sedalia/MOA National... "The CO - MO Two Step" :)

Travel'in Plans

What are your TOR departure plans/destinations based on two or three nites
enroute to the MOA? I like to arrive at the National on Tuesday afternoon.

What are your TOR departure plans/destinations based on two or three nites
enroute to the MOA? I like to arrive at the National on Tuesday afternoon.

Will be riding Sunday from TOR to Nationals and also arriving Tuesday. PM me if interested in riding together. Should be many others also. TOR rally is as good as it gets. Great little town, park location, and riding.

Jack

You show up with wander'in dave and lets have a Ex-Fed Tri-pack meet'in and plan a
ride to the MOA National!

04R1150R AKA... travel'in john

John,
Planning to dip my tire in the Pacific and then head back to TOR, then on to MOA. Had a good time last year at Salty Fog and have a couple of friends that want to do it this year, might be talked into going again.
Harry from Jersey

At's the spirit!

Hey pal...
careful where you dip that front rubber! Next your gonna tell me your ride'n CA Hy 1 as a follow-up of the Cabot Trail! Don't you ever stay home! I look forward to seeing you at TOR; a little "divide" riding is just whats needed before the National.
John 04R1150R... & red! Breathing is easy...living takes effort!

First day of summer is upon us.... mow the park & put out the fires, were on our way!

Last edited:
Back