• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lake Superior Circle

bandman

Lake Superior was a beautiful ride. We started in Escanaba, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula and traveled eastward to Sault Ste. Marie. From there we traveled northward ,crossing over the international bridge , into Canada. our stops included Wawa, Marathan, Nipegon, Thunder Bay, Grand Portage, and all spots in between. The many overlooks, gorges, falls and friendly people made this trip another trip to remember. This trip would be strongely recommended for all. I would do it again and again. The roads in Canada as well as those in Minnesota, and Wisconsin were absolutely fantastic. Route 16 throughout Canada were as smooth as a baby's bottom. Duluth, Minnesota is an awesome city. Take in the tour of the harbor on one of their tour boats. Very educational. All in all, one of the best trips I have ever been on. One thing, when I do this trip trip again, I will go clockwise. All turn-outs will be off the lane you are traveling.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 257
Thanks Bandman. Appreciate the description. A circle of Lake Superior is on my short to-do list. One of these days...
nod.gif

Did the Circle Tour in '09 and had 45 and raining to 85 and sunny, great ride! Did you stop in to the Aerostich HQ and get the special t-shirt?

:thumb

Did the Circle Tour in '09 and had 45 and raining to 85 and sunny, great ride! Did you stop in to the Aerostich HQ and get the special t-shirt?

I did part of that route last year when I went across on the Badger, then north to Lake Superior and back across the southern side of the lake to Copper Harbor. I should have headed west to Duluth, but time limits didn't allow for it. For me, Copper Harbor is the best place to ride in Michigan. Ir the rest of the trip is anything like that, I definitely need to do that sometime.

Gotta get me a passport, I guess.

I did part of that route last year when I went across on the Badger, then north to Ashland by Lake Superior and back west across the southern side of the lake to Copper Harbor, then west past Marquette to Munising before heading south to the Bridge. I should have headed west to Duluth, but time limits didn't allow for it. For me, Copper Harbor is the best place to ride in Michigan. If the rest of the trip is anything like that, I definitely need to do that sometime. Still, it was almost 1,400 miles in four days. I should have taken 6 days to do it.

I did part of that route last year when I went across on the Badger, then north to Ashland by Lake Superior and back west across the southern side of the lake to Copper Harbor, then west past Marquette to Munising before heading south to the Bridge. I should have headed west to Duluth, but time limits didn't allow for it. For me, Copper Harbor is the best place to ride in Michigan. If the rest of the trip is anything like that, I definitely need to do that sometime. Still, it was almost 1,400 miles in four days. I should have taken 6 days to do it.

Copper Harbor was a great surprise when we did the tour, we took the scenic loop and got some fantastic pictures. We did it in 6 days and took the time to try the rum along the way!
:brow

I would like to get back there myself. I remember Cheboygan. And Ann Arbor, and Houghton Lake, etc.
I think the ultimate dream would be circle all 5 of the lakes.
But then I also remember the mosquitos, and the humidity.
It's a nice photo. But it never hurts to post more than one photo.
dc

Started in Chicago to Green Bay, Escanaba, UP, Duluth, around Lake Superior, Mackinac Island, Muskegon, Michigan City, and back to Chicago last summer 2010. Unfortunately I did it in a cage. Looking forward to doing it properly next time on the RT.

Back