• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat Heater OEM Plug for R1200RT

Where on the Internet can I purchase the plug that the stock heated seat has so that I can splice that on to a heated Corbin seat? I don't want to cut the plug off of either the stock seat or the bike. I'd rather buy one and connect to the Corbin seat for a clean install.

Thanks in advance,
tsp - 2010 R1200RT

Here you go..

I got mine from Max ...

1/61127688145 |ADAPTER CABLE FOR SEAT HEATER, FRONT | $29.30| $29.30
1/61127688147 |ADAPTER CABLE FOR SEAT HEATER, REAR | $39.22| $39.22

These look like the cables from the bike to the seat. I need the plug that is on the wire attached to the seat.

Section 61 seems to be repair plugs but I don't have the number of the part. Btw, it's a 2 wire male plug that I need.

Thanks,
tsp

I got mine from Max ...

1/61127688145 |ADAPTER CABLE FOR SEAT HEATER, FRONT | $29.30| $29.30
1/61127688147 |ADAPTER CABLE FOR SEAT HEATER, REAR | $39.22| $39.22

Plugs vs cables...

These look like the cables from the bike to the seat. I need the plug that is on the wire attached to the seat.

Section 61 seems to be repair plugs but I don't have the number of the part. Btw, it's a 2 wire male plug that I need.

Thanks,
tsp

Let me know how it turns out. Technically either will work, I gave up trying to find plugs and simple adapted an extra set of cables. When I sold the seat I got a premium for having them included. ymmv.

Correct Plug Found

Finally got all of this sorted out. You can purchase repair plugs at about half the cost of the complete cable. Cost was $16.12 plus shipping.

The part number is: 83300402344

I did a write up in my blog about this mod:
www.swriding.blogspot.com

tsp

Attachments

• DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 97
I just bought this cable and installed it with my new Corbin heated seat. It works but, it seems to be a smaller diameter wire than the Corbin or BMW stock wiring.
Is this wire thick enough to support the current needed to heat the seat?

Back