• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Day ridin' the Chicago area

wezul

Cage Rattler
Please don't say "Chicagoland".
'Cuz it's not an amusement park.
Well maybe.

I don't know but maybe there is a thread about this already, so spank me.

Made it down to the Saganashkee Slough area (down by Rt. 83 and Archer).
The weather was pretty nice, high 60's/low 70's.
Lots of bikes out, all makes.
The boy racers were out in spades.
I was on the RT and I have to say, that bike holds it's own.
Chased around down there a bit and headed home.
Great to get out, not much prime riding weather left.
Felt good.
Saw quite a few fellow BMW riders. :wave

Come ride here, Wezul, we are just starting a long riding season (now until June 2012).

Come ride here, we are just starting a long riding season (now until June 2012).

Just got back from PHX. My ultimate goal will be to ride 87 to Payson....love the scenery along that road. I definitely need alot more experience before tackling it.

Went down to Tuscon which to me is no different than being in PHX....I prefer heading north but must learn to tackle the roads thereabouts on a bike.

One of these days....

Come, and we'll do AZ 87 and it's more fun compadre, AZ 191. The latter was AZ 666 years ago, aka The Devil's Highway, but fundamentalists forced the State to change its numbering. The name stays, however.

That Slough is alot of fun. I have been there several times.

I went out West today on Rt2 along the Rock River from Byron to Rockford.
The weather, river and the trees were absolutely beautiful. Going to drive
Rt2 again tomorrow only this time going from Dixon to Rockford and then
maybe to the CR Hot Dog night.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be an exact copy of today.

North on 31 over the state line, picked up 12 for a bit and jumped off at Lake Pell Road.
Headed East and found county roads U and P (love that alphabet up there), eventually picking up 50 which joined with 83 and then South.
Wanted off the 83 so at some point I headed West and eventually found 12 and swung Southeast. Blech on the 12 so quick as I could I swung West and then I was on Lake County roads (I remember one, Fairfield Road).
Then I worked my way West again and finally found 59 and headed South to 64, headed East and home to tank up the F8ST.
No stops before gassing up.
That was fun, love that little F bike!

J-man that would be great.
Summers here at home and tearing it up out there in Winter.
Someday!

North on 31 over the state line, picked up 12 for a bit and jumped off at Lake Pell Road.
Headed East and found county roads U and P (love that alphabet up there), eventually picking up 50 which joined with 83 and then South.
Wanted off the 83 so at some point I headed West and eventually found 12 and swung Southeast. Blech on the 12 so quick as I could I swung West and then I was on Lake County roads (I remember one, Fairfield Road).
Then I worked my way West again and finally found 59 and headed South to 64, headed East and home to tank up the F8ST.
No stops before gassing up.
That was fun, love that little F bike!

J-man that would be great.
Summers here at home and tearing it up out there in Winter.
Someday!

You still got your RT?

Back