• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Four Days 'Round PA

Excellent report, Terence! :thumb

You picked a lot of great roads and thanks for all the pics. I know that takes a lot of effort.

great memories

thank you Terence your trip log and photos brought back many great memories of trips taken with my riding buddies over the years, now no longer with us, although living in Ontario ,after immigrating from N Ireland in 1980 ,I missed the twisty challinging roads,I found them in PA.seeing your photos of your r1100s makes me want to remove the rt fairing and reinstall the rs fairing on my 1977r100s/rs, and dance along 666 ,120,59 and down to and around Williamsport,once again thank you. Jimmy:violin

thanks for sharing. your wonderful photos make me homesick for my pennsylvania home.
p.s. i like Sheetz. you will always find a very clean restroom there.

Excellent Pictures...

Glad you enjoyed some of the Awesome Dirt Roads PA has to offer.

I plan to retrace you steps some as soon as springs rolls around... Or if the weather stays the way it is maybe sooner...

Excellent Pictures...

I plan to retrace you steps some as soon as springs rolls around... Or if the weather stays the way it is maybe sooner...

Speaking of which...when DOES spring roll around where PA/WV/MD come together?

Excellent Pictures...

I enjoyed the awesome dirt roads, not so much the awesome mud roads. :laugh

There's definitely good riding in PA so enjoy your trip.

GPS file?

Terence,

Do you have a GPS file of this trip that you would share?

Great report, very nice.

Jason

I don't have a file since I rarely had my GPS on due to the rain and I wasn't following a preset route. I tend to navigate with paper maps and get an idea of where I'm headed the next day when I'm sitting around camp, or in hotel rooms. :) I often stop during the day to check my maps and figure out where to go. That said, I will put the route together using mapsource and share it. I find mapsource somewhat puzzling but know the rudiments of how to use it and should be able to make a file of my route.

For anyone interested, I have all the GPS files from the GS Giant Gypsy Tours (both paved and unpaved) around PA. PM me if you want them.

Back