• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

christmas in nc or sc

ashley12

any opinions on a great city to visit during christmas season. would like to take motorcycle trip somewhere

My wife went to Charleston, SC several years ago and had a great time. My wife found the package in Southern Living. We stayed in a warehouse that had been beautifully converted into a hotel, rode carriages through the trading district and went to a Christmas Musical in a theatre next door. Once we got there, we didn't move our car until we started home.

asheville great town, mtn roads, tour Biltmore during christmas season :thumb

It is indeed a wonderful place to visit at Christmas. I visited it on the 100th anniversary and they had 53 hugh Christmas trees throughout the place. I think it is usually a little cold and possibly snowy for a motorcycle in Asheville around Christmas.

I would pick somewhere in SC and along the coast. The mountains of NC are pretty but snow is a very real possibility. Very rare for snow along the coast and the temps are generally not that cold. Obviously the further south you go the better. Prices should be cheap anywhere along the coast as well since not the tourist season. If you play golf the courses are less expensive and still in excellent shape. I played golf in Myrtle Beach all through the winter when I lived in the area as 50s and 60s were quite common.

Back