• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Query: Wunderlich GPS Mount & GPS

flemmings27

Dear List,

I have a newly-installed Wunderlich GPS mount on my 09 R1200RT, like the one shown in the link below. I was also considering using my current car Garmin (a Zumo 350) or getting a Nuvi 2595LMT, which has lane assist and at $250 is a lot less than the 660. My question is, whether I use the 350, get the 2595, or the 660, where do I get the mount to put on the GPS to attach it to the Wunderlich mount?

Also, does anyone know where you get those sun-visor hoods for GPS that I've seen many riders use that enable them to see the screen when the sun shines on it?

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/8600887.html

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=31655 = Nuvi 350

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=401&pID=97146 = Nuvi 2595

Last edited:
Glarestomper Hood for GPS

I don't have any other thoughts to offer on your query, but I do have a Glarestomper on my Garmin 2820. Works fine...and I just leave it on when it's in the car. See: www.glarestomper.com

While I realize this is mounted on your RT, I'm going to move this to the Gear section. There are some members that I think that should be able to give you more suggestions. Gary

Hope it doesn't foul up your subscription...

I just put the exact same mount on my RT a couple of days ago. The holes in the Wunderlich mount fit the industry standard AMPS hole pattern. The RAM cradle I was using for my Garmin GPSMap 60Cx lined up perfectly.

IMG_1330.jpg

I'd also suggest you have a look at the Garmin Nuvi 550. It's water resistant and reasonably priced.

Last edited:
+1 on the nuvi 550.

It has all the features I want that are found in the Zumo models, like waterproof, shockproof, trackback, and off road navigation, at a major reduction in cost.

Belated Thank You

To Those who posted a Response to my GPS question - a very belated thank you. My apologies for the tardy reply, but I have had 4 million irons in the fire, and hope to be a more regular participant of this site soon.

Regards

Joyce Luvs 2 Ride

Back