• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member from Charleston, SC

mb289

New member here and just want to say Hi to everyone. I have lurked for a number of years and finally decided to join. I'm on my second BMW, R1200GS, and the first was an F650. Both great bikes.

I mostly tour solo, but wouldn't mind meeting some like minded BMW riders around the Charleston, SC area. I usually get to the mountains 3 to 4 times a year for multi-day runs. Anyway, this looks like a great group!

Thanks,
Dave

Glad to be the first to welcome you! It's great to have another member from Charleston. Since you have been around the site for some time, you know how much there is available here and how great the folks are.

Like you, I pretty much ride solo, but we will have to get together. Probably have passed each other on the road somewhere!

Greetings from the Travelers Rest/Marietta area!!(Greenville County) I hope to run up with you guys one of these days! Weather cooperating, I'll be down to the coastal area this coming weekend, namely Georgetown and The Wooden Boat Show! Probably campout at MB State Park.

But, are there any state park campgrounds in Charleston? I know there is a KOA on HWY 17 N somewhere, but a county/state park close by Charleston?

Thanks!

06 GSA

James Island County Park has camping facilities and is convenient to downtown Charleston and Folly Beach. It is a very nice Park/Campground in a scenic area. You should have great weather next weekend, but the next couple of days will be wet and breezy.

Great, Charleston! I used to stay in Goose Creek and later lived up Dorchester Road, bout 2 miles from the navy base. Man, I loved it down there back in the 70's and 80's. It has changed so much it is incredible. Used to be able to ride dirt bikes in the Summerville sand pits but I'm sure they are gone now. Well, welcome aboard!

Welcome Dave. Just curious. What do you think of the F650? I've got an Adventure, but we are thinking of buying a lowered F650 for my wife. I may even ride it a bit, or maybe more than a bit. It may become the bike of choice for several trips out of the country.

f650

Hi stkmkt1, the f650 is a great bike and handles well on and off road. I only sold it because I really wanted the 1200 boxer and probably should have bought it first. I was going to keep it for my wife, but she decided she didn't want to ride. I think your wife will like the size of the 650 and should be able to handle it easily.

Dave

Back